• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Strange Engineering!!

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Looking for pricing on a series 2 carrier 3.73 gear set with master install kit.

Parts numbers look like RS01875373X and R5218. I think that's it, the print is a little hard to read.

do they have a setup for a 04 chevy silverado 1/2 ton 2wd 8.6"gear 10 bolt? looking for a housing and axle combo. i have a tru-trac and gears to go into it.
ill have answers for you both tomorrow(monday).

daturbosix

HNIC @ GoodFellas Garage
TCG Sponsor
Mar 2, 2008
Aurora
Real Name
Jeff
Looking for pricing on a series 2 carrier 3.73 gear set with master install kit.

Parts numbers look like RS01875373X and R5218. I think that's it, the print is a little hard to read.
185 for gear
100 for

thats tax included.
ill ask martay what he wants to do the install.

do they have a setup for a 04 chevy silverado 1/2 ton 2wd 8.6"gear 10 bolt? looking for a housing and axle combo. i have a tru-trac and gears to go into it.
man you got an odd ball... there is nothing avalible for your application.
BUT! if your stock axle is a large GM housing end, we could get you some strong axles, a gear, and c-clip eliminators.

or... we could go a S60, 9", or 12bolt. all we would need is measurements. and you wouldnt be able to run your stock brakes anymore on the back.

mr.gto

Deleted New Name
Jul 27, 2009
Looking for a rear end for my 99 camaro. Thinking 12 bolt? it has a 373 gear right now in the stocker 10 bolt. Already broke it a few times and shucked the spider gears off of it.

If it helps it has a series 3 in it right now I believe? and the abs is on the wheels not the housing.

Junk86

I'm here now.
Apr 8, 2009
185 for gear
100 for

thats tax included.
ill ask martay what he wants to do the install.

man you got an odd ball... there is nothing avalible for your application.
BUT! if your stock axle is a large GM housing end, we could get you some strong axles, a gear, and c-clip eliminators.

or... we could go a S60, 9", or 12bolt. all we would need is measurements. and you wouldnt be able to run your stock brakes anymore on the back.

I charge $220 for the install.

Junk86

I'm here now.
Apr 8, 2009

If your looking to beef up you rearend. I could take your factory one , weld the axle tubes and brace it. The only difference in the 8.5 to 8.6 is that the 8.6 has larger carrier bearings. Ring and pinions from an 8.5 will work. Didn't know if you knew this or not.

As far as axles go. Superior makes awesome hardened alloy 30 spline replacements. You won't brake them unless you are really making big torque numbers.http://www.superioraxlegear.com/9904-1500-0004-rear-axle-30spl-3363-p-14439.html

Or Yukon makes them also..but I like the Superior ones better http://www.yukongear.com/ProductDetails.aspx?ProdID=1714

Let me know what your thinking.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info