331 c.i. sbf

$3900 intake to pan. I'll deliver it if you'd like, just add a few bucks for gas. It's been on the dyno once and made 405 whp and 400 tq at 5800 rpm. It was shut down early due to a voltage issue I had at the time, I'd estimate it to be somewhere around 430 to the tire at 6300 now. It's not often you see a pumpgas 302 base sbf make those numbers at such low rpm, plenty of thought went in to the setup.

I won't take it out until I have a buyer, so if you want to come by and see and hear it in person you can. The buyer of the engine gets first crack at everything else (Anderson PMS, injectors, power pipe, 6al, etc). The fresh th350, converter, and everything else will go as well...once the engine is sold. I do not have the build sheet in front of me, but a copy will go with the engine.

Built by Clayton Racing

AFR 185 competition heads milled for 10.7:1 compression (pumpgas)
Mahle powerpak flat tops sbf165030f06 -6.6cc valve reliefs
ProForm Electric water pump
Performer RPM II intake (Port Matched)
Custom grind cam that is PERFECT for this setup, that info will go to the buyer
Meldon high volume oil pump
ATI Balancer
Forged 331 eagle rotating assembly
7 quart pan
Windage tray & girdle
Stock block, entire assembly Balanced and blueprinted

Approx 3,000 street miles and 70 passes since built. The rev limiter is set at 6,100 and it's never really seen north of that. Never been sprayed, never been raced without a tune (the PMS has been in there since long before this engine was built).

The only hiccup I've ever had was in summer 2009. The thermostat got stuck shut on the freeway and it heated up fast enough to pop the head gasket, even though I shut it down the second i saw the temp gauge climb. That was with the old iron heads, which weren't affected at all (I had the machine shop inspect them). I had it towed home and it's been perfect ever since, it wasn't run with coolant in the oil and still holds 50+ lbs at cold idle, 40 lbs at hot idle.

In my car (3,200 lbs w/ driver, stalled auto) I've trapped 120 in 92* heat, I have the slip.

Here's an idle clip:

95 gt - YouTube

Give me a call at 219-384-0025 if you have any questions, name's Conrad.

Thanks!

DSC00552.jpg

53cc3e30.jpg

Thread Info

• FirstWorldProblems
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list