đź’¦ Detailing The All Inclusive Spray Sealant / Hybrid Ceramic / Si02 Infused Witchcraft Thread

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
This shit is hot right now. I'm really surprised at how well Meguiars held up to the torture test vs the others. The Adam's coating is quite a bit more expensive than the other 2, but aside from superior beading I didn't see much out of it that warrants the extra cost over the other 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQZgl8CR6o0

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
The Meg's held up to a Meguiars APC.... Not overly impressed.
All 3 products were shot after that.

for the cost of the Adam's spray coating, it would be worth buying an actual coating like Cquartz.
Ease of use is not worth the non durability.

As for the Bead Maker, kind of a let down. Matt M fro Obsessed garage is using it as a drying aid / sacrificial layer over a coating / sealant / wax.

I watched this last week ( Pan references it in his video ). Bead maker gloss FTW but protection is meh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIzydaCsCXE

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Id love to give one of these a shot, but currently, my bmw REALLY needs a professional paint correction done, and if/when I find someone to do that I'd just have a full actual ceramic coat put on it. But as these videos have mentioned, it seems like something like the meguiars or bead maker would be great for maintenance washes on top of a ceramic coat

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
No interest in trying it yourself ?
You could buy a decent polisher and supplies for less than what a detail shop would charge.

I have thought about it, but I'm kinda skeered. I have had this guy in my amazon shopping list for months now, but just havent been able to get myself to pull the trigger.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00PXZ919I/?tag=tcg21-20

I know it's almost impossible to burn your paint with a DA polisher, but I don't know. Plus with the way I do things, to do the full process on my car, especially my first time, I'd probably have to take like 3 days off work :rofl:

Aircal

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Nov 10, 2008
Countryside
Real Name
Tom callahan
I have thought about it, but I'm kinda skeered. I have had this guy in my amazon shopping list for months now, but just havent been able to get myself to pull the trigger.

I know it's almost impossible to burn your paint with a DA polisher, but I don't know. Plus with the way I do things, to do the full process on my car, especially my first time, I'd probably have to take like 3 days off work :rofl:
I just took the 3 days off before the Cruzin Tigers Pontiac show so I can make sure mines ready.......lol

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

CG market their stuff to be quite attractive. IF Autogeek had a 15-25% off sale, you could buy a few Lake Country pads and a few polishes and be set.
If you really wanted to go the inexpensive route, Harbor freight offers a dual action polisher similar to a porter cable which would do the job.

If you like Adams stuff, just buy Chemical guys; so I've heard...

Some of Adam's products are pricey.
It's easy to buy CG because their stuff is available on Amazon.

there are better products out there if there's no time crunch.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
[MENTION=344]Gav'sPurpleZ[/MENTION] , what pads do you usually use? Lake country? I just watched Pan's vid for beginners, and the meguiars microfiber pads he suggests are like 20 bucks for 2 pads. And he says he usually uses 5-6 pads on a car. So if you're using a 2 step thats like 10+ pads :rofl:

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
MF pads would be for a faster / heavier cut. Depends on the condition of the paint.
I used Lake country foam cutting / polishing / finishing pads for YEARS and never has an issue with correcting paint.

You also do not "need" 5-6 of 1 pad. If you were going to be working on multiple cars throughout the spring and summer season I would say it would not be a bad idea to have more but you can get by with 2 of each.

The pads will build up product ( polish or compound ) and old paint ( yes, polishing your car removes a very minor amount of clear ).

You can use a stiff bristled brush to clean the pad, you can use a bit of water sprayed onto the pad and then run the machine in your hand / terry towel.
lastly you can use compressed air to "blow out" the pad. This is suggested for the MF pads as you want to "fluff" the fibers in order for the cutting action to work.

Did you decide on a machine ? are you planning on going with the CG kit ?

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
It's interesting, I have only read about the Mother's product briefly on autogeek.
No one mentioned it while they were @ SEMA

I will have to watch Apex's video tonight.... Has he uploaded an update on the Adams spray coating ? I guess I'm only interested to see how it hold up to regular maintenance washes since Pan's video showed it was not really chemical resistant

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
What a time to be alive!

:rofl:
[MENTION=10447]crooks[/MENTION] gave me his old tailgate. Thanks to Apex detail's video where he uses colored water to show the water behavior on a wipe panel, I picked up the tailgate for some comparison videos.

I have about 5-8 video ideas already written down.... should be a good time

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Dont know who this guy is, but heres a 3 week followup for the Megs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7xS9KdAhueA

Skip to about 4 minutes in cuz this guy talks a lot. Didn't watch the whole vid but it's not too surprising. I would expect the protection to still be quite good after 3 weeks, especially since his car really wasnt all that dirty anyways. Just posting it cuz one of the first followup vids ive seen pop up on this stuff so far.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
over 2500 views in 4 days with only 76 subs.

I have over 770 subs and some of my videos cant touch 100 views in weeks :rofl:

I guess everyone is looking for Meguiars reviews.
If the postal service ever gets their shit together, I may be able to start some of my comparison videos.... but my order from Detailed image is "delayed"

:fu:

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I have called him out on some videos and he takes an interesting approach to answering you.
He does not hate meg's because he is a big fan of fast finish and their acid based wheel cleaner.

he has now started making his own products so its not surprising that he may go harder on the "truth"

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info