đź’¦ Detailing Product Review - Armor All Headlight Restoration Wipes On My GTO.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Over the years now my passenger side headlight on the GTO has become quite yellowed and ugly. Oddly enough the driver side hasn't deteriorated nearly as much, or even at all, but the passenger side looked like poop. So before doing anything drastic with them I figured I'd give the "easy" approach a go and see how that went.

5677914b-d52a-4ec6-ba8b-fdfc304767b9.png.w1920.png

Found out about these things and after watching a couple vids was convinced to give them a shot. It's a 2 step process, and you get 4 packs of cleaning wipes (2 per headlight) and then 2 packs of sealant to finish them. Couldn't be easier and you don't even have to break out a drill.

Here's what I started with. Yuck.

Hm0zMfR.jpg

388jeHA.jpg

Here's what the first towel looked like after a thorough wiping :rofl:

S1hHFHu.jpg

And here it is after the sealant had dried for about 5 minutes.

hrcO0Cf.jpg

o0SKUvK.jpg

For just a simple wipe I'm actually VERY pleased with the results here. It definitely took away all the yellowing and haziness. It's obviously not going to do anything for the pitting and rock chip beatings these have taken over the years, but as far as cleaning them up, they work.

They give you 2 packs of sealant wipes, tho you only need 1 to do both headlights, but after this first coat cures (they say to let them dry for 2-3 hours before touching them) I may put the 2nd one on to just further protect them.

The real question will be how long they hold up, but since this car doesnt see daily duty I'm hopeful they'll hold up nice enough. But for now, these things get a :bigthumb: from me.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info