đź’¦ Detailing drying vehicle with blower

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
I've used my gas powered (back pack) blower on mine. The wife thought I was nuts, took pics and posted it to her fecesbook page for her and all her yentas to laugh over. I asked what the difference was between that and the blowers at the end of a car wash and I got crickets in response...

A handheld one of either variety would be easier as the backpack blower you have limited articulation with the blower output with it, but...

pbdevastator

Regular
Aug 3, 2010
I tried an electric not too long ago. gets water out of side mirros, grills, rims, and most water off top no issue. Issue I had was once an area was dry, i move over and then water from new area would go back to area i just did. Not as much that was there before, but was annoying. By the time I got car done, some water spots was drying to car and i had to wipe anyways.

also I agree use electric instead of gas. Chemicals from gas can get onto your paint. Also don't point down for bottom parts of your car, that can blow small rocks/gravel and that can hit and damage your car. Have to be level with bottom of car so its blowing straight onto car and no blowing on driveway.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I have a 20v Lithium Ion Black and Decker. It's okay for blowing water out of the mirrors, grill, door jams, and wheels, but isn't powerful enough to dry the entire car.

The Craftsman gas blower I used to have worked much better. The exhaust came out the side of the engine, so I never had issues with getting oil or fuel on the paint.

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Bruce is a high roller and can afford the good stuff.

I used a toro electric leaf blower for years, it did just fine.
You will want to go over any left over spots with a MF towel or Waffle weave drying towel.

the use of a quick detail or rinseless wash mixed to a QD ratio as a "drying" aid helps lubricate the surface to prevent swirls / scratches etc

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info