đź’¦ Detailing Product and Tool Reviews

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I normally use Rain-X on the windows to help repel water when driving in rain.
When it is freshly applied, I notice the water starting to move as soon as 25-30mph.

If I am going 50mph + then it flies off.

I applied the McKee's glass coating on October 8th. Since then, the truck has been daily driven in wet and dry conditions. 1 Wash last week.

I have to say, I am a bit disappointed in it.
Don't get me wrong, the water beads nicely and does self clean ( I guess that's how you would describe it ) but not until I hit 60mph +

The point of a product like this would be to use the wipers less and have clear visibility.
The side windows don't hold much water when I start driving but the windshield doesn't seem to do as well.

My trucks windshield is not "that" vertical so.... maybe I need to apply another coat.

The glass coating came in a kit, in which I bought mainly for the wheel coating.

maybe [MENTION=7280]Grabber[/MENTION] can comment on how he likes the glass coating so far.

Grabber

Oh Hai
Dec 11, 2007
Wheeling, IL
I normally use Rain-X on the windows to help repel water when driving in rain.
When it is freshly applied, I notice the water starting to move as soon as 25-30mph.

If I am going 50mph + then it flies off.

I applied the McKee's glass coating on October 8th. Since then, the truck has been daily driven in wet and dry conditions. 1 Wash last week.

I have to say, I am a bit disappointed in it.
Don't get me wrong, the water beads nicely and does self clean ( I guess that's how you would describe it ) but not until I hit 60mph +

The point of a product like this would be to use the wipers less and have clear visibility.
The side windows don't hold much water when I start driving but the windshield doesn't seem to do as well.

My trucks windshield is not "that" vertical so.... maybe I need to apply another coat.

The glass coating came in a kit, in which I bought mainly for the wheel coating.

maybe [MENTION=7280]Grabber[/MENTION] can comment on how he likes the glass coating so far.

So far, the glass coating is holding up. Last two times it's rained "heavily" the water beaded and slid right off the glass with ease.

The coating also makes it much easier to maintain it's cleanliness leaving a smooth finish with minimal effort.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I have had such good luck with rain x that I doubt I will switch products, but good to know.

The Nono skin clay pad I tried last year worked fantastic. I would get the fine instead of coarse next time, but having the PC doing all of the work instead of my hands and arms was crucial. A couple of quick passes with ONR as my clay lube made the paint completely smooth to the dreaded plastic bad test. Would recommend.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I do not have any experience with Jet Seal but the Adams windshield sealer is like 15 bucks.
Obviously for the 5 or 6 bucks per bottle for the Rain X is more cost efficient.....and it works.

I did clay my windows and apply ClearKote's carnauba moose wax... glass was smooth, the water beaded ( doesn't sound right ) and was easy to clean but it did not have the same "effect" you get from Rain X

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Since I updated the Camaro detail thread...

Review of Wolfgang Uber Ceramic Coating.

I purchased the 15cc kit last year around Xmas... Came with the Perfekt It pre coating cleaner, 2 MF towels that I DO NOT LIKE AT ALL. They "shed" lint fibers all over...Can NOT have this when applying a coating.
It also came with 2 wedge applicators.

I applied it to my truck including the headlights and tail lights and just applied to to the car and I still have about 10cc remaining.

The product is expensive, but it's easy to use and a little goes a long way

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Wolfgang Concours-Series Microfiber Towel, german towel

so I washed 1 of these towels with other towels and I think it infected them all with "LINT"
:fu:

I do not recommend these towels unless you want to use them as a rinseless wash drying towel or for wheels.

I just read some posts on AG's forum about them.

WG products are all top notch but how can they include these towels with their Ceramic Coating ?

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Adam's Glass cleaner FTMFW
Thanks again to [MENTION=7280]Grabber[/MENTION] for the 20oz sample. This stuff is awesome.
The 2 MF towel method really helps. My windows have never been this streak free.

I also used McKee's Power wash in the Gilmour Foam Gun today.
Good stuff, High lubricity and smells like bubble gum

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Minor update with the WG uber ceramic coating.
The truck was washed with WG auto bathe and I used Griot's Garage speed shine as I dried.

20170121_150448_zps1wyqmioh.jpg

and here is a 3 month update on the durability. The "sheeting" seems to take longer than when 1st applied, but the hydrophobic properties are still present

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ1wqzrr6aY

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
Try Griots Garage new iron and fallout remover. Smells like cologne and works great. Bleeds like crazy.

Since someone took my package and it magically was returned... I now have 2 bottles of the CG product since I called Amazon and they sent a replacement.
Will keep the GG in mind for next time !

What do you all think of Rejex? I'm looking for something easy to apply and use that won't break the bank that sheds bugs easily. I've been using Collinite 476S and I like it's durability but it doesn't really keep the bugs from sticking so much. Rejex seems to tick all the boxes but I don't know if it's all BS.

I do not have any experience with the Rejex, worth a shot if it's cost effective enough ?

I bought a bottle and did a side by side water bead test on the trunk of one of my cars, it certainly sheds water different. I left some of my tap water to dry over night and both sides had hard minerals that needed vinegar to come off, both stuck the same. I did notice a difference in how the microfiber wipes over the two surfaces, the Rejex side feels like it drags less than the 476S side. I'll clean and coat the car with Rejex and see how it does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info