đź’¦ Detailing TCG Detailing Thread

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I know we have some Pro shops in here and other guys who do it on the side (myself included )
So I thought i would start a thread and see what you guys are using.

It's nice to ask how other's have faired with certain products.

My current lineup is:
Menzerna Intensive Polish
Menzerna Final Polish II
Menzerna Super Intensive Polish

Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze ( gonna need some more )
Clearkote Carnauba Moose Wax

Wolfgang Deep Gloos Paint Sealant

Collinite 845 Insulator Wax

I also have some gallon goodies that I use on a regular basis.
Chemical guys MAXX SUDS for the gilmour foam gun to pretreat

Griot's Garage car wash and Speed shine ( i really like the speed shine )

Meguiar's Hyper Dressing for Tires ( diluted 3:1 )

Optimum No rinse Wash
Optimum Car Wax ( getting low on this too )

i use Klasse AIO on wheels and door jambs.

Chemical guys Diablo wheels gel. It's not bad but I have been reading and watching videos on Iron-X spray and gel....that stuff is the real deal !

1703181532121.png

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Same menzerna polishes/compounds that you use.
Wax/sealent of choice- 845 or Menzerna powerlock (I use this when I have to work in the sun because it's easier to remove than 845)
Wheels- Brown Royal wheel cleaner. Hands down the best wheel cleaner on the market imo and cheapest since you can buy it by the gallon and dilute it.
Windows- Invisible glass cleans the best for me and doesn't leave streaks.

303 Aerospace for protecting the dash, panels etc..

and ONR is a must have as well. I dilute it and use it for clay lube. Beats spending $10 a bottle on pre made clay lube.

Oh and I do use the IRON X on the paint and sometimes on wheels. It works pretty awesome for removing fallout, but it can't be used on chrome. I have also tested the brown royal vs iron x and the brown royal is better and more cost effective on wheels

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
I have found SIP and a white polishing pad to be very good when polishing.

I asked on a detailing forum about pads and polishes/compounds and the majority of opinions were you always want to work with the least aggressive pad for corrections.

i fucking hate my black truck and it's soft nissan paint.

just detailed my moms IS250 which is a dark blue.... SIP on a white polishing pad followed by the 845 was nice.

alittle 845 goes a long way !

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
interesting information on the brown royal. I would only use the iron X on wheels.
i have been reading that it is better than the sonax wheel cleaner...both are on the pricey side.

i will look into the brown royal.

I ended up getting Sonax because people were raving about it. So I purchased a bottle and tried it and it kinda sucks compared to the brown royal. I wasn't too happy I wasted my money on it.

I also forgot my favorite trim sealent. Ultima trim and tire guard.. It lasts a really long time.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Here is all of the stuff in my arsenal.

Wash

- Surf City Pacific Blue Wash & Wax
- Gilmour Foam Gun
- Lake Country Red Ulti Mitt

Correction/Finishing

- 3M Perfect-It Clay
- PC DA
- Lake Country 6.5 Pads
- Poor Boys SSR 2.5
- Optimum Polish II
- Mezerna Finish Polish
- Klasse AIO
- Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze
- Clearkote Red Machine Glaze

Wax/Sealant

- Collinite 845
- Meguiars #26
- Poor Boys Red Paste Wax

Wheels/Tires

- Meguiars Wheel Brightener
- Meguiars Super Degreaser
- Chemical Guys G6 Hyper Coat

Metal Polish

- Clearkote Metal Polish
- Mother's Billet Polish

Detail Spray/Glass Cleaner

- Surf City Hot Rod Protective Detailer (Pink Stuff)
- Invisiglass

Interior

- Surf City Dash Away Interior Detailer
- Surf City Voodoo Blend Leather Rejuvenator

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
jim

how do you like the red machine glaze ? ever combined it with the vanilla moose to make pink moose ?
i was not thrilled with poorbpoys SSR2.5

how do you like the optimum ?

i was thinking about going to meguiars m105 and m205 after menzerna is used up

I have made the Pink Moose before and it works pretty well. The red machine glaze is pretty good too. To be honest it has been a while since I have worked with that stuff and I like them seperate as opposed to together.

The Optimum II is good stuff, but I need to use it a few more times.

I liked the SSR 2.5 alot. My only beef is that it is almost too thick for the bottle it comes in. Sometimes you try to put some on a pad and it blows a fuckton out of the bottle. Other than that good stuff IMO.

Gav'sPurpleZ

TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Have any of you tried any of the new CarPro products?
I use the Iron X and it's amazing. I have watched videos on their tar remover and it looks pretty awesome. They just came out with a Iron X/Tar X combo.
They also make CQuartz which is a ceramic coating...
One of these days I also want to try out the Opti-coat coating.

I also forgot to mention how well Folex works as a carpet cleaner and it's cheap. I used a few different ones including the Adams carpet and upholstry cleaner and it actually made the interior worse.

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
any help with advice on the white/silver cars? what polish/waxs do you use to give the light cars the depth and wet look?

Sorry, I was planning on responding and then I got carried away with some other stuff. I think most products will work pretty well. I would at bare minimum clay the car, do a finish polish step, and then top it off with a couple of coats of a carnuba wax. Do you have a polisher or doing this by hand?

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Sorry, I was planning on responding and then I got carried away with some other stuff. I think most products will work pretty well. I would at bare minimum clay the car, do a finish polish step, and then top it off with a couple of coats of a carnuba wax. Do you have a polisher or doing this by hand?

i have a PC. i usually use m105, m205, and poorboys liquid blue wax, but was wondering if there was anything out there that is particularly better on white/light colored cars.

Thread Info