1640 ft/lb torque - enough?

scca_stang

Owns Assault Rifles
Dec 4, 2008
Diesel's are bad ass... Banks (the guy that builds Diesel truck parts) states that he got into Diesel because you are limited to power output by the mechanical limits of the block heads, ect. and the build diesels to be stronger so they can handle more boost...

I was watching some tractor pulls the other day and they said that those engines were near 100 PSI of boost... nasty!

I read about a guy in some magazine that had a Duramax with larger twin turbo setup that drag raced it... he had some crazy transmission setup that would autodisangage the 4 wheel drive a second or so after he hit third gear for traction coming out of the hole (and three quarter's the way down the track), and to free the truck up for top end. the thing was sick... like in the 8's or 9's or something... either way that is damn fast for a 2500HD.

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
Diesel's are bad ass... Banks (the guy that builds Diesel truck parts) states that he got into Diesel because you are limited to power output by the mechanical limits of the block heads, ect. and the build diesels to be stronger so they can handle more boost...

I was watching some tractor pulls the other day and they said that those engines were near 100 PSI of boost... nasty!

I read about a guy in some magazine that had a Duramax with larger twin turbo setup that drag raced it... he had some crazy transmission setup that would autodisangage the 4 wheel drive a second or so after he hit third gear for traction coming out of the hole (and three quarter's the way down the track), and to free the truck up for top end. the thing was sick... like in the 8's or 9's or something... either way that is damn fast for a 2500HD.

100 psi is not uncommon in comp diesels. A lot are in the 120-140 psi range now.

Its crazy what they do. Guys are starting to need 3/8" aluminum plate for intakes so they stop ballooning from the pressure.

Thread Info