i love how this thing looks.. i wana buy a cobra and paint it like this ... ummmm

cobrasnake302

Regular
Apr 16, 2005
I think it's ugly. I wonder what kind of paint was used. It's very easy and VERY cheap to paint a car flat black, you could just use a very cheap primer to do it. If a cheap flat primer was used or a cheap laquer flat paint was used, it could easily discolor, stain from acid rain or bird crap or most fluids VERY easily. If a good high quality urathane paint was used there should be no problems. Flat is also a very easy way to hide poor body work and imperfections.

Mike1284

hey guy
Aug 8, 2006
Plainfield
I think it's ugly. I wonder what kind of paint was used. It's very easy and VERY cheap to paint a car flat black, you could just use a very cheap primer to do it. If a cheap flat primer was used or a cheap laquer flat paint was used, it could easily discolor, stain from acid rain or bird crap or most fluids VERY easily. If a good high quality urathane paint was used there should be no problems. Flat is also a very easy way to hide poor body work and imperfections.

i doubt it was cheap seein as he has poured an insane amount of money into the car

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

i doubt it was cheap seein as he has poured an insane amount of money into the car

He says it was painted flat black, not matte black. There is a difference and like cobrasnake said, if he just used regular flat black paint it'll be fucked in a few months of driving.

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
if he would have left the head and tail lights alone, it might look good. But now it just looks like the painter got spray happy in the paintbooth.

yeah i have mixxed feelings about that, id have to see it in person to make a final decision on that. i probably would have done a glossy smoke to break it up a little bit. if he painted the car right, disassembled everything (he said he painted the jambs so maybe) and used a matte (or flat) clear coat the paint should be durable. i still think the upkeep on it would be a chore, probably hard to keep clean and you have to be extra careful of scratches and rock chips

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
actually its really not that bad. I have that paint on the trunk between my tail lights.

Any dirt hoses right off and it washes like a normal glossy clear coat. Only thing to worry about is that you cannot wax it too often or you'll basically hand buff it to a shiny finish.

I always put a coat of wax on once in while to protect from fading.

Thread Info