Anyone with a DSLR looking for a top of the line point-n-click?

So I really want to take a step towards some real photography and can't really do that without an SLR, BUT for my 21st last year my parents got me a SONY Cybershot DSC-T300 that i'm willing to trade for a digital SLR if anybody is interested. It was purchased about 3-4 months ago and I barely ever use it besides for a random car shoot, otherwise it spends it's time sitting in the 30 dollar protective case I bought for it.

The first thing you'll notice is it's one of the first digital cameras that uses a full 3.5" touchscreen LCD on the back to replace every normal button except power on/off, shoot, and the zoom controls. It powers on and takes the first photo in less than two seconds, and only takes 1.3 seconds between photos; great for everyday use. It has real cool people shooting features, such as automatic face detection and enhancement, manual face detection, scene recognition, and even this kinda goofy feature that automatically detects when someone doesnt smile and kinds of bends their mouth to create a subtle smile. It's 10.1 MP and has iso options from 80-3200, white balance, the usual... It takes widescreen 16:9 aspect photos that I use all the time because I have a widescreen monitor as well as normal aspect from VGA to 10.1 megapixel. I'm not sure the specs on the videos but every video I've taken is great quality.
I won't bother listing any more small details because i'm sure whoever is interested will do their own research anyways. The camera is fantastic for people who just like to have a camera on them all the time. It's super easy to whip out and use, easily navigates between modes quickly, and has great image stability to avoid needing to "setup" for a picture. Just slide the cover open and press the button. Unfortunately I could care less about taking pictures of anything but my car so all these features kind of go to waste with me.
I'm 99% positive we went with the two year Best Buy warranty that INCLUDES accidental damage and screen damage that cost almost 150 dollars (but might be three years ill check). It'll come with the 30 dollar case I got to protect it and a 4 GB Memory Stick Duo. When we bought it the total reached almost 600 dollars and i'm obviously not looking for that much but I know the cheapest you can get it online is like 300 and thats without case, memory stick, or TWO YEAR accidental breakage coverage, so just in case someone has a DSLR they don't use much and want a more practical camera (this is as practical as they come) let me know. Willing to trade+cash if necessary.

http://www.sonystyle.com/webapp/wcs...10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921665339390

SnakeBite2k3

Pray For The Dead To Rise
Nov 1, 2005

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
If they came with the Nikon18-135mm lens it would be worth it but all they offer you is cheap crap besides the camera. I already have someone interested for my price.

Thanks

im sure you will get the dough, i was just shocked i could not sell mine !

just for the record...the Nikon 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR is far from crap and only retails for about 50 less than the 18-135mm (non vr)

i tried to sell this package and was offered 250!!

(this is what he based it on, i read their reviews and it looks like bs to me)http://shopdigitaldirect.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=760_1211&products_id=7741

1. d80 body, like new all boxes and manuals.
2. ansmann battery grip, (very nice 200.00 reatail)
3. neck strap
4. 2g sd.
4. d80 (how to video)
5. Nikon EN-EL3a Li-ion Battery and Nikon MH-18a Quick Charger
6. usb cable
7. Nikon 18-55mm vr (f3.5-5.6G) AF-S ED DX (excellent condition, scratch-free glass)
8. Hoya 52mm Circular Polarizer (excellent condition, scratch-free glass)
9. small camera bag, perfect for on the go.

will consider selling without the lense as well. (not that it is a huge deal)

either way, i wish you the best of luck!:dancenana:

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Feb 21, 2005
Picture003.jpg

Thread Info