New Nissan GT-R

fastkars.com

Staging Lane
Apr 27, 2005
its a bargain at 75k considering it's performance. It lapped the ring 14 seconds faster than a c6 z06.

Blah I don't buy those ring times, Nissan has used ringers in the past, and there is a lot of controversy surrounding the rolling start and overall authenticity of those lap times. I just don't see the production Skylines we recieved with less power, and 700lbs more weight lapping a z06 by 14 seconds on the Nurburgring with it's long straight-aways. There have already been videos of the two going head to head, and the Z06 crushes the Skyline in acceleration. Even from a dead-stop with the Skyline using it's launch control, the Z06 caught the Skyline before reaching 50mph and proceeded to run away by many car lengths. That was a stock Z06 on goodyear run-flats too.

I could see the Skyline tearing it up on the 'short technical' tracks due to it's grip and quick shifting sequential trans though.

Overall, I think the Skyline is a nice car for the money. Nice luxury options, easy to drive, decent styling. However, while still impressive, the performance is grossly over-hyped IMO.

SONICobra

ITS STOK
Dec 1, 2005
75K for one seems pretty good, i thought mark up would be a lot worse. like previous gt-r's im sure this new one has a ton of potential. i like the look of the car and the performance is right there with the zo6, it would be a hard choice for me but ive never seen one in person.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
It's a nice looking car no doubt, but IMO it lacks the sex appeal of a C6 Z06! sure it has power and won't be long b4 the tuner world massages 800hp+ otta the thing...as I walked up behind it I though to myself wow! thats a nice looking beefed up 350z, why is it roped off???? by that time I'm right on top of the car and see all the badges and realized it was much more.

Bottom line! C6 Z06's make panties wet!

Thread Info