2g IPHONE- Unused Refurb- year left on warranty

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
2 g is the 2nd generation phone not 2 gigs

the new phones are 3g phones.

if you have the 2g 8gig phone you wanted to sell still let me know I will but it paypal or cash y0ou decide.

No, the Edge Iphone is the only iphone out in 4gb and 8gb sizes. The 3g phone is the second generation i.e. iphone 2.0. The old one runs on the old edge cell network, and the new 2.0 iphone runs on the much faster 3G network. Case closed.

:alcoholic

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
No, the Edge Iphone is the only iphone out in 4gb and 8gb sizes. The 3g phone is the second generation i.e. iphone 2.0. The old one runs on the old edge cell network, and the new 2.0 iphone runs on the much faster 3G network. Case closed.

But technically the first gen iphones were the original 2/4 gigabyte ones that cost 700 dollars. The second gen iphones is when they just doubled the capacities and lowered the price, but they used the same 1.1 software. The new edge phones DO use Iphone 2.0 software, but they are 2.0 because its the first software revision, but NOT the first iphone revision. They are the 3rd generation of iphone, 2nd revision of software.

1g- 2/4 gb w/ 1.1 iphone software
2g- 8/16 gb w/ 1.4 iphone software(the current)
3g- 8/16 gb EGDE w/ 2.0 iphone software

imbuggin

Addict
Mar 15, 2007
sorry man, you could not be more wrong.

nope blown has it 100% correct

3g is the network supposed to be 2x as fast as edge (it isn't). The phones without 3g ability are 2nd gen phones with software 1.1.1 -1.1.4 now you can also do the beta 1.2 on the "older phones". They also ca run 1 of 2 different bootloaders 3.9 or 4.6 depending on when you bought it.(yes they had two harware versions 4,8gig, and finally 16gig).

The new 3G phones run the 1.2 software and is a new phone hardware wise.

TCG Member 5219

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2005
omg am I in the twilight zone here? I said the same fucking thing u did?!? First off, there is only 1 generation of iPhone. That's the 4/8/16gig phone that is out now. A few months after the launch of those iPhones, they phased out the smaller of the three, meaning the 4 gig phone and continued to sell the 8/16 gig phones. Furthermore retards, u could use iTunes and update the 1.1.1 software on either of those two iPhones to the current software level of 1.1.4. Now, as for the network, all current iPhones in existence with the acception of the new SECOND gen iPhone 2.0 being released this Friday, only runs on the EDGE cell network. The new iPhone is the only one that will be running on the faster 3G cell network. And for the record, there was never a 2gig iPhone. Only a 4, 8 or 16 gig, and the new one comming out will be either 8 or 16 gig. Those are the facts plain and simple posted from my 8 gig 1st generation iPhone running on the edge network. Like I said before, case closed.

http://ipod.about.com/od/understandingiphonemodels/g/iphone_3g_def.htm

BlownVenom01

Addict
Mar 19, 2006
sorry i had it wrong but no need to flame geez. your acting like i dishonored your family, not mistaken the model number on a phone. Either way this is a good deal on a great fone and i already have 4 people lined up for dibs. I'm actually on my way to the apple store to get the warranty replacement now

imbuggin

Addict
Mar 15, 2007

case closed?? HMM 1 of my iphones is a 16gig running 2.0 beta software on the edge network.:quote: how did that happen. No worries If you don't want the phone boost has plenty who do. Also if you look at the recent test 3g was supposed to be 4 times faster and is barely 2.:eek: Now the case is closed!:cool2:

there are a bunch of us on 2.0 now have a look 4,8 & yes 16 gig
http://http://www.modmyifone.com/forums/jailbreak-downgrading-upgrading/115281-official-iphone-2-0-beta-hacking-thread-currently-5a240d.html

you are posting bad info on here iphone all over here. Like where you claim the internet is free in the other form on the new 3g phones?? Try $29 a month for the 3g. $9 a month more than the edge plan was. Try google and get some correct info before lashing out at people

Thread Info