Procharged 03 Silver Cobra

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
The Procharger is more efficient than a twin screw...It would also be alot easier getting that car to hook at the track than a TS Cobra...

My buddys Vortech T trim '03 Cobra made about the same power on 18psi that a KB/Whipple Cobra does at 20+psi...And im pretty sure the Prochargers put down more power than Vortechs do on '03/04's...

01SVT19

TCG Elite Member
Apr 23, 2006
The Procharger is more efficient than a twin screw...It would also be alot easier getting that car to hook at the track than a TS Cobra...

My buddys Vortech T trim '03 Cobra made about the same power on 18psi that a KB/Whipple Cobra does at 20+psi...And im pretty sure the Prochargers put down more power than Vortechs do on '03/04's...

Everything said plus its different than everyone elses setup which I like. To many KB's and Whipples around IMO. If turbo were cheaper everyone would have one. But, there not so when you see one its like:eek:

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Every Centri Kit out there for a 03/04 sucks ass. To have an efficeint setup that works you need to change way to many things to make it worthwhile... it eventually gets to the point where it makes more sense to just go Turbo.

Take a look at all the people that first had these kit on their cars... most either sold it or reverted back to a Eaton/TS setup. Even the most diehard Centri Flag Wavers all gave up and openly regret it.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
I hear ya....

car is worth more with factory or factory-like equipment, and besides. I like my boost INSTANT!

Blowers that sit up top !!! FTMFW

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
uhhhhh ohhhhhhh

I just think these blowers and kits have a lot of potential, but agree with Hank 100% - the kits need a lot of changes to really utilize their potential. The Procharger head units are capable of upwards of 1200-1400HP, I just dont see how people say they cant make power????

I dont know if I've asked this here before, but can anyone tell me how many twin-screw cars on Earth have made an 8 sec. pass??

i mean really if your going to do this why not do it to a 99-01? :dunno: Yes I know the blocks can't take as much but the money you spent on buy a 03 you could of gotten that 01 and done the same thing and built it for the same price. I dunno it is cool but kinda makes no sense.

Chad you are different tho - you didn't have a twin screw to start tho so in your case rock on.

qwik01cobra

built,novi2k,t56,solid
Nov 15, 2005
i mean really if your going to do this why not do it to a 99-01? :dunno: Yes I know the blocks can't take as much but the money you spent on buy a 03 you could of gotten that 01 and done the same thing and built it for the same price. I dunno it is cool but kinda makes no sense.

Chad you are different tho - you didn't have a twin screw to start tho so in your case rock on.

Yeah my car is unique and will be a beast next year but I do hate when people roll up next to me at a light and ask "how much boost are you running?" :eek:h: Most people dont know about any other mustang than 03-04' Cobras in the "new edge" body style

Side note: I might come pick up those parts tonight from you if thats cool? :wall:

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004

ChromeCobra

TCG Elite Member
Nov 19, 2005
Thats a SMOKIN deal for that Mach. And that is A LOT of car and POWER for the money. 10.12 and 138 MPH on 17" drag radials and a sluggish 1.59 60' :eek: 330 CFM heads! Put a real stall converter in it (not 4k RPM) and thats a mid 9 second-145 MPH car easy on a slick. That is how a Procharged street car is done right my friends, period.:biggthump

Yeah I know man that thing is a steal...Im with you 100% on this Procharger shit...:biggthump

Thread Info