Awesome 06 GTO at Victor Ford

GreenMamba

Banned
Nov 22, 2006
You'd be suprised how well those cars hook.

Stock they don't hook for shit and any attempts to put wider tires on will bring you the always fun and amusing fender rub....at which point you need to either use a fender roller (which cracks the paint even if done correctly) or get the fenders cut which costs around 500-700 dollars.

Then when you finally can hook you'll get to the end of the track and see a trap speed between 99-103 and maybe a high 13 second slip.

Without major work those cars are about as fast as a lightly modded cobalt SS. Don't ask me how I know that....

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Stock they don't hook for shit and any attempts to put wider tires on will bring you the always fun and amusing fender rub....at which point you need to either use a fender roller (which cracks the paint even if done correctly) or get the fenders cut which costs around 500-700 dollars.

Then when you finally can hook you'll get to the end of the track and see a trap speed between 99-103 and maybe a high 13 second slip.

Without major work those cars are about as fast as a lightly modded cobalt SS. Don't ask me how I know that....

Hmmmm

Let's see, I have a 2006 A4 GTO, O/R Mid Pipe and Dyno tune. I fit a M/T 275 underneath it on the the 17" rims. I can't get the car to spin off the line with the stock stall. Yea it runs 13.1 @ 106 but thats damn quick for pretty much bone stock Automatic. Im sure it'd be A mid 12 car with a stall.

I have my fenders rolled and it cost me just under $100 and I have no issues with rubbing.

And before all the nut swingers talk about how it's not worth the money, of course it isnt if your looking for a balls out race car. But between creature comforts, power, IRS, and GREAT brakes it really doesnt get much better for the price.

A lot of guys slap a MagnaCharger on em and run just a little slower than cobra's because the GTO's weigh a little more.

:stfu:

Big Cam Z28

banned from CorvetteForum
Jul 23, 2006

*edit*

chris beat me to it

Big Cam Z28

banned from CorvetteForum
Jul 23, 2006
Hmmmm

Let's see, I have a 2006 A4 GTO, O/R Mid Pipe and Dyno tune. I fit a M/T 275 underneath it on the the 17" rims. I can't get the car to spin off the line with the stock stall. Yea it runs 13.1 @ 106 but thats damn quick for pretty much bone stock Automatic. Im sure it'd be A mid 12 car with a stall.

I have my fenders rolled and it cost me just under $100 and I have no issues with rubbing.

And before all the nut swingers talk about how it's not worth the money, of course it isnt if your looking for a balls out race car. But between creature comforts, power, IRS, and GREAT brakes it really doesnt get much better for the price.

A lot of guys slap a MagnaCharger on em and run just a little slower than cobra's because the GTO's weigh a little more.

hell yeah dude. 13.9 inch front brakes and 12.9 inch rears! those are some beefy rotors!

thats almost a full inch bigger than the ones on my vette!

GreenMamba

Banned
Nov 22, 2006
Hmmmm

Creature comforts are nice but if your going to spend that kind of money there are plenty of other cars that do it better even though they have a little bit less power. A slighty used G35, BMW 3 series, or even smaller sized Lexus have much nice creature comforts than the GTO and most of them get 10-15 more mpg.

The GTO does have a nice interior for a Pontiac but that interior isn't going to win it any races.

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
Creature comforts are nice but if your going to spend that kind of money there are plenty of other cars that do it better even though they have a little bit less power. A slighty used G35, BMW 3 series, or even smaller sized Lexus have much nice creature comforts than the GTO and most of them get 10-15 more mpg.

The GTO does have a nice interior for a Pontiac but that interior isn't going to win it any races.

I'll take that as you admiting your wrong.

G35, im sure the GTO has a nicer Int than that, along with the BMW. BMW 3 Series < GTO. Sorry but tthats the truth. And now your going to talk about MPG?:laughing2

GreenMamba

Banned
Nov 22, 2006
I'll take that as you admiting your wrong.

G35, im sure the GTO has a nicer Int than that, along with the BMW. BMW 3 Series < GTO. Sorry but tthats the truth. And now your going to talk about MPG?:laughing2

Having owned every car I listed I can tell you the GTO does not have a better interior than any of the above cars I mentioned. It's frankly not even close. When you let someone into the backseat of the GTO it takes about 30 minutes for the seat to move several inches...and how about the trunk? You can't even fit a set of golf clubs into the trunk of that thing.

And creature comforts include MPG. I used to average 13 mpg's in my lightly modded A4 GTO. A G35 (which would be a very close race for a GTO from a dig) averages in the low 20's and has an interior which can include navigation.

If you like the GTO good for you but there is a reason why the car didn't sell and was discounted thousands just so they could sell them. Hundreds of mustang haters on LS1.com will never admit how much more of a success the new mustang is compared to there goat. They will also never admit that a new mustang GT is a close race for them as well...are you one of them CobraChris?

batman

Surrounded by 10 points
Feb 21, 2005
Having owned every car I listed I can tell you the GTO does not have a better interior than any of the above cars I mentioned. It's frankly not even close. When you let someone into the backseat of the GTO it takes about 30 minutes for the seat to move several inches...and how about the trunk? You can't even fit a set of golf clubs into the trunk of that thing.

And creature comforts include MPG. I used to average 13 mpg's in my lightly modded A4 GTO. A G35 (which would be a very close race for a GTO from a dig) averages in the low 20's and has an interior which can include navigation.

If you like the GTO good for you but there is a reason why the car didn't sell and was discounted thousands just so they could sell them. Hundreds of mustang haters on LS1.com will never admit how much more of a success the new mustang is compared to there goat. They will also never admit that a new mustang GT is a close race for them as well...are you one of them CobraChris?

:alcoholic :help::z:

Thread Info