Want a Roomba but they're too expensive?

Try the Robotic Vacuum by P3 International. $44.05 on Amazon.com [plus shipping]. I ordered one to check it out. We have a lot of low pile carpet and wood floors that Amy sweeps every day. Hopefully this thing will work and save her some work. I only found one review but it was generally positive.

p4900.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MT0M1G/?tag=tcg21-20

suzukiracer1604

TCG Elite Member
May 5, 2006
Flyn high again said:
Try the Robotic Vacuum by P3 International. $44.05 on Amazon.com [plus shipping]. I ordered one to check it out. We have a lot of low pile carpet and wood floors that Amy sweeps every day. Hopefully this thing will work and save her some work. I only found one review but it was generally positive.

p4900.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000MT0M1G/?tag=tcg21-20
save her some work and you start sweeping everyday AHAHAHAHA :joke:

seems like a decent price on that thing, hopefully it works good though

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
suzukiracer1604 said:
save her some work and you start sweeping everyday AHAHAHAHA :joke:

seems like a decent price on that thing, hopefully it works good though

LOL! I already do a lot around the house. Yesterday I was up on an 8' ladder changing light bulbs in the ceiling fans. Cleaned them while I was up there. Hard to do basically one handed [shoulder is messed up]. Did the dishes, sorted paperwork, cleaned the master bathroom, cleaned the sunroom, etc. If this little robot will get the dog hair off the floor, it's worth the $44. I'll post a review in this thread after I receive and try the thing.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
UPDATE:

We received the vacuum yesterday. Shipped from China in a recycled box that said it was a telephone. I was worried but the vacuum box was inside and shipped adequately protected.

We charged the vacuum for 12 hours initial charge and then let it go.

Pros: It works! The vacuum runs forward with a slight curve until it bumps into something. Then it changes direction. It has three different patterns it follows depending on how often it is hitting things, I guess. I didn't get that far into the directions.

It picks up dirt and dog hair. The small receptacle was full after letting it run in my son's bedroom for half an hour. It even ran under his bed where we can't reach with the regular vacuum.

It's also a great conversation piece and keeps the dog on her paws.

It's inexpensive. $44 compared to a couple hundred for the Roomba.

The 2 younger kids both picked up their rooms to run the RoboVac. Extra added benefit. Unfortunately, the oldest child merely glanced at the machine and then disappeared into her cave/room and closed the door. Oh well, as Meatloaf sang, two out of three ain't bad.

It's quiet. I've heard the Roomba is loud. This vacuum isn't. You can hear it but it's not excessively loud.

Cons: You have to have the room picked up. It can get wedged under a couch or chair and can get stuck on electric cords so you have to check on it occasionally.

I'm not sure how it would work on thicker shag type carpets. Works fine on our Berber carpets.

It's not as sophisticated as the Roomba. It won't stop if it's heading off a stair.

Opinions: So far all of us like it. We still have to try it on the wood floors. I'm thinking about repainting it in a cute bug scheme. Great price for a machine that [so far] does what it advertises.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
BlondeCobra said:
Ok Cliff.... Thank god no one saw this thread before Valentines day or that would have ended up being someones gift!
You are going to paint it like a cute bug, I love it! We should all buy em and have a contest who can make the coolest one!
:biggthump

I bought it for my wife for Valentine's Day but the snowstorm delayed it until the 15th. :D

Before you yell at me, I also bought her a card and huge flower arrangement.

She bought me nothing. :crying:

When I have some free time I'll get the paint out and see what I can come up with. I did the same thing previously with my RoboMow robotic lawn mower. I painted eyes on it and stuck on a couple of antennas. You wouldn't believe how many people would stop in front of our house and sit there for 15 minutes watching the thing cut the grass. People would knock on the door to ask about it.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Flyn high again said:
I bought it for my wife for Valentine's Day but the snowstorm delayed it until the 15th. :D

Before you yell at me, I also bought her a card and huge flower arrangement.

She bought me nothing. :crying:

When I have some free time I'll get the paint out and see what I can come up with. I did the same thing previously with my RoboMow robotic lawn mower. I painted eyes on it and stuck on a couple of antennas. You wouldn't believe how many people would stop in front of our house and sit there for 15 minutes watching the thing cut the grass. People would knock on the door to ask about it.

It would be perfect for a lady bug theme. :lmao:Or a frog.

Thread Info