Water Softener, Wheel Dolley's, Arcade Machine...

Hey guys,

Wanna try and get rid of some stuff before I close on the sale of my townhouse this month. I've got the following (still) for sale... Lemme know if anyone is interested.

Set of 4 Wheel Dolley's. I believe these will support 1 ton each. I used them for moving my pool table around in the basement when it was being finished. : $50 SOLD

Rainsoft Water Filtration/Softener System: $75

Padding for laying Laminate Flooring: ????

Homemade Arcade Machine. I started to build my own arcade machine and got it built, but never got the cabinet laminated or anything. The cabinet includes Golden Tee 99 PCB and Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate PCB. The cabinet is wired up to play both games, you just have to swap the JAMMA harness from one PCB to the other. The cabinet is set up to hold a 27" TV, but the top will come off and you can hook it up to anything that accepts S-Video in. (I had it hooked up to a 60" projection TV). This includes all buttons/joysticks/trackball, PCB's, power supply, converter to run over S-Video, Golden Tee 99 marquee and installation manual. : $350

Mean Mr Mustang

Govt. Conspirator
Nov 17, 2005
I forgot to ask you some questions about the arcade game. I've got a board/card from either "Smash TV" or "Total Carnage" boxed away that I wanted to use for something like what you have. With the setup you have do you simply have to just put a new card in and it is ready to go, or are there different styles of cards that would not be compatible with this? My original plan was to just buy a arcade game with a crappy title that nobody likes and simply swap my board with the existing one.

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
Mean Mr Mustang said:
I forgot to ask you some questions about the arcade game. I've got a board/card from either "Smash TV" or "Total Carnage" boxed away that I wanted to use for something like what you have. With the setup you have do you simply have to just put a new card in and it is ready to go, or are there different styles of cards that would not be compatible with this? My original plan was to just buy a arcade game with a crappy title that nobody likes and simply swap my board with the existing one.

Hey Joe,

Yeah, the machine I built is set up to allow swapping of different JAMMA and JAMMA+ boards into it. Right now I've got it set up so I can swap between Golden Tee '99 and Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate. If the Smash TV board you have is the PCB (big green board w/ all the chips sitting on it) then it should work. If I remember correctly, Smash TV required an 8-way joystick, which is exactly what I have on there. The buttons are set up in the layout for Mortal Kombat Ultimate, so the only thing w/ hooking up Smash TV would be that if there is a button involved with anything (like shooting...don't really remember it too well) you would just have to figure out which one it is... (easy...keep hitting button until it fires, or just download the JAMMA pinout online).

Lemme know if you have any other questions...

Mean Mr Mustang

Govt. Conspirator
Nov 17, 2005
DSG03COBRA said:
Hey Joe,

Yeah, the machine I built is set up to allow swapping of different JAMMA and JAMMA+ boards into it. Right now I've got it set up so I can swap between Golden Tee '99 and Mortal Kombat 3 Ultimate. If the Smash TV board you have is the PCB (big green board w/ all the chips sitting on it) then it should work. If I remember correctly, Smash TV required an 8-way joystick, which is exactly what I have on there. The buttons are set up in the layout for Mortal Kombat Ultimate, so the only thing w/ hooking up Smash TV would be that if there is a button involved with anything (like shooting...don't really remember it too well) you would just have to figure out which one it is... (easy...keep hitting button until it fires, or just download the JAMMA pinout online).

Lemme know if you have any other questions...

I'm gonna dig up this board tomorrow and see if it is compatible or not. I played the game in the arcade a few times and remember some having the joystick to control direction and others had the ball you rolled to get your dude moving. Those were kinda neat since you could roll the ball really fast and you kept moving like cruise control, then you could beat the shit out of the buttons with both hands and kill everything on the screen without mercy.

DSG03COBRA

TCG Elite Member
Mar 2, 2004
Plainfield, IL
Mean Mr Mustang said:
I'm gonna dig up this board tomorrow and see if it is compatible or not. I played the game in the arcade a few times and remember some having the joystick to control direction and others had the ball you rolled to get your dude moving. Those were kinda neat since you could roll the ball really fast and you kept moving like cruise control, then you could beat the shit out of the buttons with both hands and kill everything on the screen without mercy.

I've also got the trackball installed so if you can use that w/ the game, you're good to go as well... Here's what I found for Smash TV:

http://www.klov.com/game_detail.php?letter=S&game_id=9591

Looks like there is a user manual at the bottom of the page... I can take a look at that tomorrow and try to determine if it'll work.

Thread Info