Makita Cordless Impact Wrench/Drill/Trouble Light Kit

During the Hermann tuning weekend, one of the guys attending had the Makita impact wrench/drill/trouble light set. I used the impact wrench to remove his lug nuts and I was impressed with it. It's small, yet powerful. It torques to around 102 lbs/foot so you don't need a torque stick with it since the torque specs for the wheels are 100. You could throw it in your back seat and take it to the track to swap tires. It also has a built in LED that lights when you squeeze the trigger so you could swap your tires back after dark with it. I didn't think it would have enough torque to remove the lug nuts but it handled them with ease. Of course you can also use it to drive screws or nuts. I didn't try the drill or the trouble light but the reviews on them are good. You also get the charger, two batteries, and a case.

Amazon.com has the kit for $218.94 which is a good price [Ebay has them for around $265 shipped]. Amazon also has free super saver shipping on this item now and until May 8 they are also offering an additional 10% off on tools. My final price including shipping was $197.05. Not a bad deal. If anyone wants this kit or any tools from Amazon, now is the time to buy.

B000ASE2YM.01._PE12_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Makita 6935FDWDEX, 14.4 Volt Cordless Impact Driver Kit with 6337 MForce Drill and Fluorescent Work Light(ML143)

Mystic Terminator

TCG Elite Member
Oct 6, 2004
Flyn high again said:
It torques to around 102 lbs/foot so you don't need a torque stick with it since the torque specs for the wheels are 100.
B000ASE2YM.01._PE12_SCMZZZZZZZ_.jpg

Makita 6935FDWDEX, 14.4 Volt Cordless Impact Driver Kit with 6337 MForce Drill and Fluorescent Work Light(ML143)

I would be worried if it only went to 102lb/ft. What happens when the battery is @ 90%? 80%, 70%, 60%...

My DEWALT DW059K rated @ 300 ft./lbs. of maximum torque can not break loose lug nuts when using weak or old batteries. Using my older batteries that I thought were ok from my driver/drill , recip, and trim saw, it would not break the lug nuts even though they were charged. Using a new fresh battery it has sufficent power.

What happens when, say, you remove two tires and have sufficent power, but you do not have sufficent power to torque them to 102 lb/ft. instead it torque's them to 80 ~ 85 lb/ft instead?

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
Mystic Terminator said:
I would be worried if it only went to 102lb/ft. What happens when the battery is @ 90%? 80%, 70%, 60%...

My DEWALT DW059K rated @ 300 ft./lbs. of maximum torque can not break loose lug nuts when using weak or old batteries. Using my older batteries that I thought were ok from my driver/drill , recip, and trim saw, it would not break the lug nuts even though they were charged. Using a new fresh battery it has sufficent power.

What happens when, say, you remove two tires and have sufficent power, but you do not have sufficent power to torque them to 102 lb/ft. instead it torque's them to 80 ~ 85 lb/ft instead?

wow!!! VERY good point!!!

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I can see your point. However, we had no problem with taking 2 street tires off, replacing them with DRs, then later taking the DRs off, and replacing them with the street tires. The impact didn't seem to slow down at all while doing this. You could always bring the extra charged battery in case the first one runs out. I'll do some testing after I get the kit and let you know how many wheel changes a battery will do.

I was surprised by the power of the impact when I used it. I have a DeWalt that has around 400 foot/lbs. of torque and this Makita seemed to remove the lugs as easily as that one does.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
kurganmotorsports said:
thanks..

too bad i sold it a few months ago to finish my basement.. I figured I could always buy another vette and my basement would have a better ROI..

Plus you get to play with the basement. I'm doing a sunroom now so I know exactly what you mean. I'm going to throw a hot tub in there, enjoy the heck out of it and hopefully get most of my money back when I eventually sell the house.

Bob_Kurgan

Flyin_Hawaiin
Feb 16, 2005
Flyn high again said:
Plus you get to play with the basement. I'm doing a sunroom now so I know exactly what you mean. I'm going to throw a hot tub in there, enjoy the heck out of it and hopefully get most of my money back when I eventually sell the house.

the basement has been a shitload of fun.. ive got a bar, pool table, 52inch tv with inwall speakers, golden tee, and a multicade (with 9 games)... It was an additional 1600 sqft of living space ..

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
kurganmotorsports said:
the basement has been a shitload of fun.. ive got a bar, pool table, 52inch tv with inwall speakers, golden tee, and a multicade (with 9 games)... It was an additional 1600 sqft of living space ..

Sweet. I've always wanted a hot tub so I'm going with the sunroom. It was a tough choice deciding between that and finishing the basement. Your basement sounds great. Golden Tee is a fun party game.

Thread Info