Dodo Juice Rainforest Wax

I have some barely used Dodo Juice Rainforest wax I am no longer going to use.

I have way too many waxes on hand, and I need to clear out some waxes.

This wax only has barely 2 uses out of it, and has been stored in climate controlled temps.

It leaves a very thick and slick finish, and is a harder wax when applying and removing. I was able to go about 3 months with washing 1-2 times a week before it lost its affect.

Here are some pictures of the wax.

9cb1200d.jpg

26aa41c5.jpg

$45 plus the ride, pretty firm.

G

Grabber

What percentage of carnuba is it???

Dodo juice advertises 25-35%

http://www.dodojuice.com/dodo-juice-faq-carnauba-n-the-basics.html

Q: Why is carnauba wax mixed with other ingredients?

A: Carnauba wax is as hard as concrete in its pure form, and could never be applied without having been softened or dissolved (to form a paste or solution) first. That's why all those '100% Carnauba' claims have to be taken with a pinch of dodo poo. It's also important to realise that carnauba is just one part of a good car wax. The quantity and quality of other ingredients, like beeswax, lubricating oils and drying oils, are also critical.

Q: OK, so how much carnauba is actually in Dodo Juice?

A: It depends on the individual wax, but Dodo Juice waxes generally have between 25%-35% carnauba content when measured without any jiggery-pokery. In our experience, the highest concentration of carnauba in a car wax that can be applied straight from a tin at room temperature is around 40%. If a manufacturer is claiming a lot more, then it is likely they are simply *calculating* a lot more. You can get Carol Vorderman to take the true percentage, divide by the number of days in the year and then multiply by the square root of your hamster's age to come up with a pleasing figure. Or you can measure carnauba by dry volume (instead of the more usual wet volume), by solids content, by overall wax content or by residual content. Basically any way you want. But it doesn't necessarily mean the wax is better. There's only one way of finding that out, and that's by slapping it on some paintwork. Needless to say, we don't state carnauba percentages on our products because they are too confusing and generally mislead the public. We'll take our chances without relying on any dubious marketing techniques. You can see an experiment we did with carnauba measurement here.

Thread Info

• G
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list