Calm 2 Year Old Rott Wieler

He's black, well trained, and an awesome dog. Actually was supposed to be a police dog, but never made it though the training because he is, for lack of a better word, a pussy. He's not wild and loud like most rotts, and I found out tonight he's scared of thunder (doesn't whine or anything, but he tried to stayed real close to me until it stopped). My brother bought him but now he can't afford to keep him anymore, so I let him come stay at my house. Doesn't act like any rott I've ever met, he's very calm and friendly. I honestly really want to keep him but three dogs would just be too much for me, especially with how energetic and stupid the lab is. His name is Pedro and he plays very nice with kids and other dogs. Totally house broken, sits, stays, lays, etc when you tell him to. Doesn't bark. The longer I type this the more I'd rather be putting the lab on here :hs:. I can email a picture upon request. Edit: Free to a good home!

Last edited:

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Let me talk to the wife about this, I do not want this guy going to a shelter.

Neither do I. Everyone wants me to take him to save a pet. I know they're a no-kill shelter but he's a good dog and doesn't deserve to spend months in a cold piss covered cage with 3 other dogs until he gets adopted. Also worried about the adopter, not everyone that goes rott wieler shopping is looking for a nice house pet... I actually decided the other day I was going to keep him but the landlord come over yesterday and saw a lab and a rott that he didn't know were there and told me I have a week to either ditch the big dogs or get out of his house. :tear:

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
Did the Rott get adopted?

No, still needs a home! I really like the dog so I guess I haven't been trying so hard, but tonight I got the "official" he has to go so I was just going to bump this. Update to the post though, he doesn't get along with other dogs as well as I thought. He'll be civil but he won't play with them and gets very territorial with his food. He is a VERY good dog though, I can't stress that enough. If he wasn't a "rott wieler" I would be keeping him for sure, but due to his breed my landlord won't allow it. PM me if you're interested. I just had him groomed.

Thread Info