FOR SALE: vintage Colt Official Police .38 revolver

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
it is in the rules to not sell it.... therefore it would be forbidden..

BUT it is not illegal to sell firearms privatly in Illinois

"Under federal law, anyone who wants to engage in the business of selling firearms must obtain a federal firearms license. The Brady Handgun Violence Prevention Act (the Brady Act) requires a federal firearms licensee (FFL) to contact the Federal Bureau of Investigation’s National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS) when selling a firearm, which ensures that the purchaser is not prohibited from possessing firearms. However, the Brady Act does not apply to the sale of firearms by non-licensees (i.e., private sellers).

"

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
Does Illinois have a waiting period for firearm purchases and does it apply to private sales?
Yes. Illinois law requires withholding the delivery of a concealable weapon (i.e. a handgun) for at least 72 hours and a rifle, shotgun, or other long gun for at least 24 hours. This applies for gun dealers and private sales.

Thats from the state and thats all they have on private gun sales so, let the man sell his property. Unless it is against the forum rules.

And an FFL holder is a dealer in this state, FOID is much better. let me run the numbers at work and see what this firearm is about and Ill get back to you.

James

TCG Elite Member
Jan 18, 2008
James, are you buddies with Beavers and Suffredin?
After some research on your comment....
that ordinance was just a campaign stunt to make a career politician seem "tough" on guns so he could get the States Attorney job. F'in slimeball move if you ask me.
I was against all these politicians running for that office from the start- and using it merely as a stepping stone in their career. I'm glad they all lost.

"Could" they ban guns sales in Cook. Sure. Enough people would agree it's enough that they're not allowed in Chicago- leave the collar cities alone.

Thread Info