FS: Laptop: HP Envy 15 w/SSD

Up for sale is my HP envy 15 3040-NR. I bought it back in 2012 and have taken very good care of it. I've upgraded to an ultra book so this one has to go. specs are as follows
Intel Core i7 2670QM
8GB DDR3 RAM
500GB Samsung 850 evo SSD (installed less than a year ago) w/ a fresh copy of Windows 10 pro
1920x1080p display (hdmi and display port outputs)
Beats Audio 6 speaker + subwoofer. 2 headphone jacks + 1 mic input.
backlit keyboard

more specs are here.
HP Laptop ENVY 15 15-3040NR Intel Core i7 2670QM (2.20 GHz) 8 GB Memory 750 GB HDD AMD Radeon HD 7690M 15.6" Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit-Newegg.com

Three things with this laptop. First, it has a switchable graphics deal. An Intel onboard and dedicated AMD 7690. There's flat out no driver support for this in windows 10, it never worked right even in windows 7. It's a great idea with piss poor execution. AMD doesn't acknowledge this card exists. I've tried getting modded drivers to get it to work but haven't had any success. Therefore it's stuck on the integrated intel graphics, which is more than enough for web browsing/youtube/etc.
Second, the battery lasts 2-3 hours max during light cpu loads. it's decent, but no where near what it was when new. It seemed to go down when I installed windows 10 on it, maybe there's settings to get better battery life in windows 10? It never bothered me since I would only use it around the house and an outlet was never far away if needed.
Third, not all the software that came with the laptop works on windows 10. For instance there was a program for the beats audio. I can't seem to find a way to get it working on windows 10.....maybe it's out there? either way the speakers work just fine.

It's a powerful laptop with a really nice display that's in near perfect condition.

IMG_20161002_180924.jpg

IMG_20161002_180857.jpg

IMG_20161002_180637.jpg

Looking to move this beast at $250. Any questions feel free to ask!

Last edited:

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Good, honest sales post. Kudos.

New owner can get a new battery from Amazon, update all the drivers and have a relatively fast, decent everyday machine. GLWS
Except the whole post said how there are no newer drivers for the graphics card for windows 7 or 10...so that will never work properly...

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
the amd drivers that came with the laptop worked, but no updated drivers were ever made. meaning any game that i wanted to play that required a newer driver wouldn't work. there are modded drivers out there made by the community that bought laptops with switchable graphics, but i never tried hard enough to get them to work.

again, everything works fine with the drivers/software it has now except the dedicated graphics card.

Thread Info