A couple of old tube TVs and a semi-working Denon CD player for cheap

Yes, they're "ancient", but I figured someone may want them as cheap screen real estate in a room that may not require state of the art technology. Both TVs were functioning fine the last I used them and only stopped using them due to purchasing a flat panel TV. I did power them on. Unfortunately, I don't have the means to attach them to cable, but I very, very highly doubt anything is wrong with either. Both will come with their original functioning remotes. Due to the weight of these suckers, this will have to be a pick up item. I have a hand truck at home, so it will make moving it to your vehicle a lot easier. So, here they are in all their glory.

RCA 24F512T 24" Flat Screen (not panel) TV - $15

Electronics5.jpg

Electronics6.jpg

This was my bedroom TV until I moved to an apartment in which I didn't have room for it anymore. Because it is a flat screen, it is a true 24" vs. traditional tube TVs diagonal measurements being curved. Has one set of input and one set of output RC cable jacks with a coaxial and S video connection on the back, and another set of input jacks behind the left speaker which is nice because it's still "front inputs", but at the same time are kind of hidden. The controls are also on top of the TV which gives it a pretty sleek look. Here are the specs:

RCA 24F512T - 24" CRT TV Overview - CNET

Apex AT3208S 32" CRT TV - $20

Electronics7.jpg

Electronics8.jpg

Electronics9.jpg

Obviously, being a bigger, higher end model, this one has a lot more inputs and features. The front controls are hidden when not in use. I used this in my living room until I got a flat panel. Stats can be found here:

Amazon.com: Apex AT3208S 32" Stereo TV: Electronics

Denon DCD-600 CD Player - $10

Electronics1.jpg

This is an older single-disc CD player I picked up because I love how older electronics looked. Cosmetically, it is still in very good condition. However, though the display still works well (AWESOME looking display), the CD tray will not open without you helping it get started (will close fine automatically), and it also won't do anything once you put a CD in. I don't have a remote for this unit, either. If I had the time to track down parts and repair it myself, I would because I LOVE how this unit looks. If someone buys one of the TVs and wants this, I'll throw it in. I'd just hate to see it go to waste.

muskie

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2011
Palatine
Not trying to shit on the for sale thread but seriously if you want them gone just lug em to Goodwill (if they still take them) They sell tube TVs for literally $.99 and they have tons just sitting there. I can't see anyone being willing to pay $10 for those.

If you are lucky you might be able to find a place to take them for free. Occasionally ABT in Glenview will allow you to drop off electronics for recycling for free.

Good luck

Thread Info