VIDEO CARDS AMD SAPPHIRE R9 290X

I want $325 per card. They are about 6 months old. I have the original box and components that came with the card. I have more than 5 of them. I can provide pictures but it's not like you haven't seen a video card before.

If you are planning on building a PC and need MOBO, PSU let me know I got some of those as well. I have 1200 WATT thermaltake PSU's, will power 3 of these babies in crossfire.

This model

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Damn 290x's are selling for $325? I paid nearly $550 this winter. Damnit AMD you have failed me.

BTW whoever buys one, you WILL need an aftermarket cooling solution to get the most out of the card. Best option is the kraken g10 with an AIO liquid cooler. Otherwise the fans go from quite to jet engine when the card hits 95C. Only other option is to use afterburner to keep the fans at like 65% and turn up the speakers. Its very loud.

blowerinabox

I have lots of things in boxes.
Apr 18, 2008
Damn 290x's are selling for $325? I paid nearly $550 this winter. Damnit AMD you have failed me.

BTW whoever buys one, you WILL need an aftermarket cooling solution to get the most out of the card. Best option is the kraken g10 with an AIO liquid cooler. Otherwise the fans go from quite to jet engine when the card hits 95C. Only other option is to use afterburner to keep the fans at like 65% and turn up the speakers. Its very loud.

As far as the aftermarket cooling I didn't go that route. I did use afterburner and did turn up the fans when gaming. These cards were 99% of the time operating at 85C or less. I don't mind the fan noise personally maybe because I'm used to server rooms. Not to mention I game with a headset so I don't even hear my fans.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
As far as the aftermarket cooling I didn't go that route. I did use afterburner and did turn up the fans when gaming. These cards were 99% of the time operating at 85C or less. I don't mind the fan noise personally maybe because I'm used to server rooms. Not to mention I game with a headset so I don't even hear my fans.

Yeah I suppose I am picky with the fan noise. After the AIO liquid cooling though I was idling at 34C and load temp was about 55C. For the price I paid for the GPU, the stock cooler really was unacceptable. Not to mention the computer it was going into was already near silent. The sound of the HDD reading was louder than the fans. I am much more happy with the card in its state.

Incase anyone wants a demonstration:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQhqOKKAq7o

blowerinabox

Apr 18, 2008
Blowerinabox, so what hardware do you mine with now?

LOL. How did you figure it out? I had 21 of these cards. At the moment I'm not mining. I lost access to free electricity. Although that may come back in the coming months. After I sell this I would be looking to buy some ASIC'S or litecoins/btc direct with the cash from the sales.

20140129_190411.jpg

blowerinabox

Apr 18, 2008
Lol nice. Yeah I figured no one would chose that many 290x's for a gaming rig. Not to mention the low price. The cards have probably paid for themselves already so you could comfortably eat ~$50 on selling them.

Yah well they have not paid for themselves that's for sure. The difficulty skyrocketed and with 21 cards i was making like 5 ltc in a week (aka $30) vs 6 to7ltc a day. I'm upside down on these. Early January when I bought these they were so hard to find. I paid PREMIUM for these about ~$700 a pop. Spent around $18k in hardware. Mined not nearly enough ltc to cover those costs.

I'm in it for the long haul (holding on to LTC). What hardware I don't sell I plan on mining some ASIC resistant coin when the new server room is finished where I will have access to free electricity. I was also thinking of getting into an ASIC with the proceeds of the sale.

To be honest I don't know if my decision to sell the cards is the right one. The server room is still like 2 months out. I really should sit down and do some analysis but with how little time I have with all the new shit going down at work this just seemed easier to sell them.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Yah well they have not paid for themselves that's for sure. The difficulty skyrocketed and with 21 cards i was making like 5 ltc in a week (aka $30) vs 6 to7ltc a day. I'm upside down on these. Early January when I bought these they were so hard to find. I paid PREMIUM for these about ~$700 a pop. Spent around $18k in hardware. Mined not nearly enough ltc to cover those costs.

I'm in it for the long haul (holding on to LTC). What hardware I don't sell I plan on mining some ASIC resistant coin when the new server room is finished where I will have access to free electricity. I was also thinking of getting into an ASIC with the proceeds of the sale.

To be honest I don't know if my decision to sell the cards is the right one. The server room is still like 2 months out. I really should sit down and do some analysis but with how little time I have with all the new shit going down at work this just seemed easier to sell them.

I see. Yeah I noticed the difficulty skyrocketed. You did pay a premium price damn!

The 290x's are heavy hitters there are no two ways about it. The asics drove me nuts. The latest and greatest was always pre order only and many were late or never developed. Not to mention the terrible customer support (butterfly labs). If you plan on mining in the near future, especially with free electricity, I would hang on to them. I'd sell them only with the asic miner in my hand or if you are for sure you are secure in a good deal for the asic.

blowerinabox

Apr 18, 2008
I see. Yeah I noticed the difficulty skyrocketed. You did pay a premium price damn!

The 290x's are heavy hitters there are no two ways about it. The asics drove me nuts. The latest and greatest was always pre order only and many were late or never developed. Not to mention the terrible customer support (butterfly labs). If you plan on mining in the near future, especially with free electricity, I would hang on to them. I'd sell them only with the asic miner in my hand or if you are for sure you are secure in a good deal for the asic.

Yah... I dunno it's a fawking PITA.

Thread Info