Velodyne 1012X subbwoofer

I was going to keep this since I've had it for awhile, but I haven't used it in 6 months now, and it's just taking up space. You will not find a better sub for under $800. I bought this sub in '94 for $750, and they are still going used for $500 on Ebay!

Anyway, I'm giving the club first dibs at $350, then on craislist for $400. If I don't get any interest it will go on ebay in a few days. With just my small quintets, this thing never gets turned up past 3, and it still shakes the room. It's truly a badass sub, and I tried all sorts of other subs before I bought it. It is in very good condition with just minor skuffing on the cabinet and grille. It has a forward firing 10" speaker, and a downward firing 12". As you can see from the pics, there is no phase switch or low-pass adjustment. It doesn't need it it, I tried subs with all of that, but none matched how seamlessly this sub blends in. I've matched this sub with many high and low-end speakers, and the only ones that didn't match perfect were NHT Zeros.

v2002.jpg

v2001.jpg

Specs:

VA-1012X

Delivering impact many times what you would expect from its compact size, the VA-1012X adds definition and punch to any home theater system. Amplifier power is 100 watts RMS, 250 watts peak, with a 10" forward firing active driver and a 12" downward firing passive radiator. Frequency response is 28-120 Hz, ±3 dB. Amplifier 100 watts RMS, 250 watts peak, Class A/B
Woofer 10", forward firing
Passive Radiator 12", downward firing
Voice Coil 2" diameter
Magnet 55 oz.
Cone Resin/fiber
Anti-Clipping Circuit Yes
Inputs/Outputs Line level, speaker level
Frequency Response 28-120 Hz, ±3 dB
Subwoofer Direct Yes
Auto On/Off Yes
Video Shielded Cabinet 17.25" W, 18.00" H, 17.28" D
Finish Black vinyl woodgrain with granite vinyl trim legs