FS: OFNA MBX Pro 9.5 1:8th buggy

This thing is annoying me. It sits and sits in my closet, and I have no desire to run Nitro again. And I lack the desire to convert it to electric. $70 picked up in the Buffalo Grove area.

Make/model: OFNA MBX 9.5 Pro
Engine: OFNA Picco .27 w/Jammin JP-3 Hard Anno'd pipe
Steering Servo: Hitec 645MG
Throttle Servo: Hitec 645MG

Requires: Radio system, batteries, fuel, tires, body, Wing.

If you've had hobby grade RC's in the past, this is a good basher buggy, plenty tough and durable. A pretty cheap way to get into 1/8th scale RCs. The Pillow-ball suspension is great for soaking up bumps. About 2 years ago I went through and rebuilt the driveline, new seals, bearings, and fluids. I have AM Radios and Receivers, however I lack the crystal sets to make them work. Most crystal sets are $10 to $15, and you can buy a new Digital Spread Spectrum system from Hobbypartz.com for about $40 which is 10x better than any of the crappy radios I have laying around.

I have a set of tires that I can include, though they are useless for off road as they are worn down so smooth that I'm afraid the rubber might fly apart at speed. Decent pavement bashing tires though.

8263235112_f4e7dc21e7_o.jpg

Last edited:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Okay guys. Found ALOT of parts. 2 engines, a 2speed trans w/pinion, 2 1400mah Rx packs, wheels, wing mounts (no wing), and a steering shaft for the steering servo. Updated pics below.

$70 picked up takes it all, everything. At this point then the only thing this buggy is missing would be a Radio system, body, and wing.

Some info about the engines:

Hyper .21 8port pull start engine. This engine came in a ton of cars Hobao made, and is still in production so parts are available to rebuild it to factory spec if you wanted. Piston is clean, however pinch is on the softer side, its not as tight as it used to be. Hyper 21 8 ports sell for about $130 new.

8266313752_78d1a1df39_z.jpg
8265245511_cb50e612fc_z.jpg

Engine 2: Power Racing .27 pull start. This engine looks worse, but is actually in better shape than the Hyper .21. The pinch is tighter because the piston/sleeve has been replaced previously. These sell new for about $100 + shipping.

8265245643_94b8bdfbb9_z.jpg
8266313922_73cb63dd7a_z.jpg

2 Speed Transmission + 2 speed pinion. The spur gears are 48/44 teeth, and the pinion is a 13/17 combo. This drops right in to the buggy, but the center diff mounts will have to be spaced out to allow for the larger gear diameters. These sell for about $100 new.
8266314158_e394807eeb_z.jpg

1400mah Receiver packs. Few years old, still charges up though.

Wheels. These are my old street basher tires. No good for grass anymore, they are stripped clean of any tread. However on the street they are a decent bit. Something to run on without worrying about ruining a set of tires. They were once upon a time Proline Crimefighters. But their crime fighting days are far behind them now.

8266314112_8fe74270a9_o.jpg

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
One more update for this. One of the reasons I'm currently selling this car is because my daily driver was vandalized and I had to pay the deductible before sending it into the body shop. Said deductible destroyed xmas and any savings I would have used for a rental car.

So in this case, picked up truly means picked up as I don't have the ability to meet anyone anywhere. Normally I would not be opposed to meeting you half way, I just have no car at the moment.

Thread Info