GI: Thinking about selling PAF

I have come to a point in my life where my family has changed my priorities. I love PAF and went from a 1 car garage to a 9,500sq ft space in 5 years during a terrible economy. I did what I set out to do, and built it up to basically run itself, but now I realize I love detailing, not managing business. lol I have a partial partner who also manages the day-to-day operations these days and we are discussing whether he wants to, or can buy out my share. He could use help at times so we think it would be better to have another party invested and working at the company. For those of you who are not familiar with the company, we do hand car washes, auto detailing, window tinting, PDR, 3M Clearbras, and some storage. We do regular work for 3 dealerships, 2 being Schaumburg Toyota and Lexus, plus another small one in Roselle. We also have relationships with several local body shops and other businesses we do fleet and other work for.

I figured there may be a young buck, like I was, interested in working for himself on here. So, if your sick of your boss, or sitting in an office, this may be for you!

Here is the website, it also has some background in the "About" section:
Perfect Auto Finish - Hand Carwash and Detail Shop in Roselle, IL

If anyone is interested in discussing the numbers or any details(no pun intended) please only call me on my cell-630-947-2090 or send me a PM on TCG.
I will be willing to do partial financing also.

My second reason for looking to sell is I have a 3 year plan with some friends to get a nano brewpub open, so don't count me out as a TCG sponsor just yet!! Search for "Redlight brew crew" on facebook for our brew details and upcoming events.

shaveradam

www.finishingtouchdetail. com
Sep 10, 2007
Round Lake, IL
Please send me a PM with info also. I started my own detailing gig on the side and it's working well so far but would like to know more about what I could do to advance that. I am not sure I'm ready to get rid of the full time job yet (Chase Bank) but would like to pick your brain and see what the details are about PAF as far as costs etc :pedobear:

ktraver97ss

I say what everyone thinks
Aug 29, 2007
Roselle, IL
Please send me a PM with info also. I started my own detailing gig on the side and it's working well so far but would like to know more about what I could do to advance that. I am not sure I'm ready to get rid of the full time job yet (Chase Bank) but would like to pick your brain and see what the details are about PAF as far as costs etc :pedobear:

Sorry, its a Shaver free zone! haha I kid, Ill shoot you a pm.

The hardest part of a detail biz is finding dependable/trust worthy employees.As in any biz,you need a main person to turn to when your busy or not available.It takes some of the stress away.

I wish you well & good luck on your decision.

x1000 I grew it as detailer doing most of the work, managing the people is the hardest part by far. I have had so many guys very capable of doing great work, but getting them to do it consistently and efficiently is a different story.

Trade for a GP ? Or maybe trade for PE ?........lol

:drums:

Make me a decent offer and I'll move up north and work my balls off running the place for you, and you can detail lol.

:dunno: not entirely kidding... I have mgt. experience and I am used to working 60+ hours a week and attending (community) college full time.

The thing is, no matter who is running it, if its not me Im going to be worried about things 24/7 and its just eating me up. Its my name and reputation, and not having as much control of the product/service is tougher than I anticipated. My partner Alex does a pretty good job with daily operations, but it is really a lot for one person to do, and he is not quite as pro-active solving problems as I would like him to be.

Thread Info