WTB: Cheap Bike (the pedal kind)

I'm looking for 2 cheap bikes to ride around the city, to the beach, etc. One for myself and one for my fiance (keep in mind she is only 5ft tall). Would prefer something like the old Schwinn Varsity. Don't really want any type of heavy mountain bike. I have a nice Trek I ride but need something I'm not worried about getting beat up. Let me know if you have anything sitting in the garage you want to get rid of. Thanks

1badass96gt

TCG Elite Member
Mar 22, 2004
Keep an eye out on craigslist, lots of killer deals on there. I actually found my road bike on Napervillegaragesales.com

I've been trying. Due to all the Wicker Park hipsters loving those old Schwinns, Puch, etc they all want over $100 for a 30 year old bike. My dad's neighbor had a garage sale in a couple of weeks. Hopefully I can snag something there.

hj16

Tasty!
Mar 1, 2004
Craigslist is definitely the way to go. To avoid all the hipsters just look for posting in the burbs. I bought a absolutely mint condition 1984 Schwinn Varsity for my girlfriend (4ft 11") for $100 even. Ones that were. In good condition were listed around the $60-80 range in the west suburbs.

Maybe also try Play it Again Sports? Although they may only have MTBs

VenomousDSG

Don't Tread On Me
TCG Premium
Apr 30, 2006
Yorkville, il
I have a practically brand new 26 inch Huffy 10 speed for a female and 2 of my old bikes for sale. The Purple one was my sisters but she never used it and just abandoned it, the other two are my old ones. The black one's gears done work, and the blue one's rear brakes don't work. If you want any of them just shoot an offer for them through PM.

100_1054.jpg

100_1080.jpg

100_1081.jpg

Thread Info