Mountain bike wanted

willsmysticcobra

Classifieds Mod
Mar 3, 2006
Algonquin
Thanks for the links buddy. Ya a 19 or 20 maybe a tiny bit short for me but its a really common size and I `d make due. I was going to buy the diamondback mountain bike for sale over on CTR for $300, but luckily I googled the model number right before I went to his house and found it now retailed for $225 brand new.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Another thing to check out is thrift stores and flea markets.

John went to the swap o rama flea market in Franklin Park and found awesome deals on bikes. There's an old guy that is there on Friday's with a bunch of bikes. John got a Cannondale road bike for $150, and a Gary Fischer mountain bike for 160 on separate occasions. Both bikes were very clean and nice, and the Fischer was practically new.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Thanks for the links buddy. Ya a 19 or 20 maybe a tiny bit short for me but its a really common size and I `d make due. I was going to buy the diamondback mountain bike for sale over on CTR for $300, but luckily I googled the model number right before I went to his house and found it now retailed for $225 brand new.

Nice. Gotta love ctr.

For 300 you can get a really nice bike. The ones I posted are ust ones that popped out at me with a quick search. There's a TON of mountain bikes on there.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
So much money for a used bike that doesn't hold Air lol...where do you ride a mntainnbike ????? I have a hybrid

Is $5.00 too much to spend on 2 new tubes? It's a frigging CANNONDALE! You should put new tubes in any used bike you buy, regardless.

There's several parks around chicagoland to ride mountain bikes off road. There's even one a couple miles from my house in Oswego, though I've never been to it. I just ride on the paved trails.

Bigturbonotch

WAIT AND SEE
TCG Premium
Jan 26, 2005
My new rig....

e23f67e4.jpg

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
Jealous much?

Me? Not so much. I'm quite content with both my bikes. While my Pacific isn't the newest, baddest, big name, high dollar mountain bike out there, it is full suspension, and has a list of pretty decent components. It is quite capable and adequate for recreational use off road, as well as on road with the tires I put on it.

My road bike, while antiquated, is also quite nice. I put 12 miles on it last night for my first ride on it, and it rode like a dream. Much better than expected from a 30+ year old bike. The cool thing about this Motobecane is that you'll probably never see another one like it on the road/trail. When you consider that I picked it up for $30, and I could sell it for $150+ that's pretty cool too. Maybe one day my pockets will be deep enough to afford a nice high-dollar bike, but until then, you won't find me being jealous of anything. Well, maybe a little envious ;)

Thread Info