Canon lens

<<<<SOLD>>>> Mods can remove thread please ............... picked up..will ship but buyer pays shipping

im selling my EF 28-135 f3.5-5.6 IS USM zoom lens

this is a wonderfull walk around lens for full frame and crop sensor cameras.

it will fit any EOS camera..film or digital

has canons top of the line Ultrasonic motor for super fast , accurate , and silent focusing as well as full time manual focusing for when you want to adjust focus while still in autofocus

also has canons 3 stop Image satbilization system that allows for slower shutter speeds and low light shooting.( it will not stop motion blurr though)

also comes with the lens hood.

i really like this lens and hate to sell it but i rarely use it anymore and id rather put the money into a long prime that i can use at the ball games

many if not most of my recent pics were taken with this lense so u know its good

4204774942_bf435e9c96_o.jpg

4204018569_f4d105198e_o.jpg

4204774796_163a5c0a12_o.jpg

4204774720_232ac9d9ae_o.jpg

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
i'm getting ready to pull the trigger on a new canon t1i. how does this lens compare to the one they give you when you buy the unit?

i think the t1i comes with the 18-55 IS.. that is a pretty good lens for IQ but thats it..its build quality and focus motor are canons lowest line .

this lens will give you more reach zooming out to 135mm but will not be as wide on the other end only going 28mm

they both have IS but this one has USM wich is canons top of the line focus motor.

it is much faster, quieter and more accurate especially if you use al servo mode for panning or following subjects that are moving. the other focus motor simply will not keep up

it also has a metal mount compared to plastic on the kit lens.

i find this lens to be a better walk around because some times you need more reach than 55mm can give you and 28mm is usually wide enough and if it isnt you can always step back.

i had the 18-55 IS and sold it when i got this lens

deviantlx

TCG Elite Member
Apr 20, 2008
i think the t1i comes with the 18-55 IS.. that is a pretty good lens for IQ but thats it..its build quality and focus motor are canons lowest line .

this lens will give you more reach zooming out to 135mm but will not be as wide on the other end only going 28mm

they both have IS but this one has USM wich is canons top of the line focus motor.

it is much faster, quieter and more accurate especially if you use al servo mode for panning or following subjects that are moving. the other focus motor simply will not keep up

it also has a metal mount compared to plastic on the kit lens.

i find this lens to be a better walk around because some times you need more reach than 55mm can give you and 28mm is usually wide enough and if it isnt you can always step back.

i had the 18-55 IS and sold it when i got this lens

ok good. where would you recommend going to get a new t1i? maybe a body only and then i can purchase just your lens? also, i am a beginner and don't want to buy 2x. i have a friend who is trying to talk me into a canon 50d. i can't see spending the extra money when i won't be able to use half of the features, right?

ITLLOWNU

oh hai!
Jan 1, 2008
ok good. where would you recommend going to get a new t1i? maybe a body only and then i can purchase just your lens? also, i am a beginner and don't want to buy 2x. i have a friend who is trying to talk me into a canon 50d. i can't see spending the extra money when i won't be able to use half of the features, right?

the t1i and the 50D are very similar in a lot of ways and the t1i is a very good camera and can produce images identical to the 50D. they almost have the exact same specs in the IQ department. it will have the same features as far as total control over the camera that the 50 does too.

but the 50 cost more because it has a better focus , full magnesium body compared to plastic , its bigger , has a better viewfinder, much better ergonomics for when you master it and can change settings on the fly, has micro adjust for lenses that might be slightly out of calibration, shoots at 8000 shutter speed (not 100% but i think t1i only goes to 3200 shutter speed) shoots 6.5 frames per second and a few others ive left out.

if i were you..i would go with either a 40 or 50D over the t1i ..the learning curve will be the same on either of the 3 and the 40 and 50 are just a better camera..

unless u have to have video then you go t1i..

just one thought though.. the t1i will not auto focus while recording

also i didn't find any new reviews but apparently the 50d doesn't have video recording?

i have the 50D and it does not do video:biggthump

Thread Info