NE1 Want to Join LifeTime Fitness???

So LTF has a deal going on now where they'll wave the initiation fee (~$300) and wave the $95 processing fee for a referral customer. I've been toying w/the idea of joining for sometime now but hate the idea of paying that processing fee.

The deal is 1 person joins/pays the $95 fee and everyone else he refers will not pay the $95 fee so essentially the person who does pay would split the fee up with anyone else he refers.

I do not work for LTF and have no affiliation with them but thought that anyone else on the fence about joining the Warrenville club might be interested. PM for more details.

thx

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
kinda interested....whats the monthly due?

Not sure you'd want to join the warrenville club seeing how you live so close ot the city but you never know. I'd have to check the fine print to see if the deal applies to other clubs too.

The place ain't cheap ($60/mo for a single, $110 couples, $135 family) but you get a lot. Off the top of my head I remember them having the following.

- open 24hrs
- indoor lap pools (4 lanes)
- 2 big hot tubs
- steam room in locker room
- sauna outside locker room
- large "family" pool w/water slides
- state of the art fitness, cardio equipment, free weights
- indoor basket ball (4 goals)
- kids center
- various BS spa related shit I'd never use
- outdoor pool/patio commisoratin area

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
never, ever, ever, ever pay more than 50 bux initiation fee or w/e you want to call it at a gym. it's just retarded. They ALL have specials in which these fees are waived, which means they have the power to waive them at any time if they feel it necessary to sell a membership. Been to lifetime fitness in burr ridge, nice place.

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
never, ever, ever, ever pay more than 50 bux initiation fee or w/e you want to call it at a gym. it's just retarded. They ALL have specials in which these fees are waived, which means they have the power to waive them at any time if they feel it necessary to sell a membership. Been to lifetime fitness in burr ridge, nice place.

I agree. LTF's current deal is to waive the initiation of ~$300. They've also got this BS "processing" fee of $95 they say is just to process the credit card but if that's the case I'll have em take it out of my checking if they'll waive that too.

If not and I can get a couple bros to join too we'll split that $95 fee between however many people join.

naujcdl

EGV CSVT
Jun 5, 2009
I believe Lifetime fitness is a rip off and i get the same benefits at my local town's fitness center and i have just as many machines and other facilities inside the complex.

Why pay $60 and a processing fee? What makes them so "awesome" compared to other "human" monthly fee places? i have gone there with friends and i still say: no thanks.

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
FUCK LIFETIME WITH A RUSTY DILDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate that damn place! DO NOT JOIN LIFETIME!!! THEY SUCK ASS AND THEY ARE LIARS!!!!

-Mike
Do you have a legitimate beef to share or are another one of those who failed to read the agreement you signed?

I believe Lifetime fitness is a rip off and i get the same benefits at my local town's fitness center and i have just as many machines and other facilities inside the complex.

Why pay $60 and a processing fee? What makes them so "awesome" compared to other "human" monthly fee places? i have gone there with friends and i still say: no thanks.

show me a place that has a pool, indoor bball and 1/2 the cardio/resistance equipment they have and I'll join.

Aron

TCG Elite Member
Sep 1, 2005
show me a place that has a pool, indoor bball and 1/2 the cardio/resistance equipment they have and I'll join.

Never been to Lifetime so I don't know what all they have there, but John (The Beast) and I are member at LA Fitness. For half the monthly dues, we have almost everything you listed. We don't have an outdoor pool, but we do have an indoor lap pool and hot tub, sauna, and plenty of cardio and resistance machines. I do wish the free weight area was bigger, but overall I am extremely happy with the facility. I pay less than $30 a month, and I signed up with no initiation fee, and they don't even HAVE a processing fee... that's just a money making gimmick.

Plus, you are able to work out at ANY LA Fitness club in the US.

I was going to join a couple years back, but opted not to because of their high fees... their "sales man" called me almost everyday for about 4 months to join... that's what turned me off the most. I ended up joining cardinal fitness and paid like $30 for me and my fiancee (they don't have pools/saunas and stuff like that) but plenty of machines to work on..

Rafal

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
I signed up for their personal training. I spend over $2K and 2 years only to be able to do WORSE THAN WHEN I STARTED!! They passed me off to four different trainers, each one saying "Hmm, that last trainer did everything wrong, let's start again and do it my way." It was literally like that. All four trainers "conveniently" quit. So basically I got a POS, inconsistent workout that made me do worse than when I started. When I went to management they said that the only way they would even consider fixing my situation was if I agreed to ANOTHER TWO YEAR TRAINING SESSION! What the hell makes them think that I would sign another TWO YEAR SESSION when EVERY trainer there is nothing but a meat-head. I have called the manager, the regional manager, and even corporate. Nothing. They switch out their staff all the time so they can say "I don't know why he promised you that, but he's not here so we can't honor any promise he made to you."

PLEASE DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND GO SOMEWHERE ELSE!!! They are RIDICULOUSLY expensive and they are LYING CON ARTISTS! I'm still a member because all of my old-lady's friends go there and she likes the pool that they NEVER use.

I fucking HATE that place. It sucks. DON'T DO IT!!!

**EDIT** Since working out ON MY OWN I have more than met my expectations for a police officer position, WITHOUT THE HELP OF THOSE ASSHOLES.

-Mike

01GTvert

TCG Elite Member
Jan 30, 2006
I fucking HATE that place. It sucks. DON'T DO IT!!!

-Mike

That definitely qualifies as a legitimate beef. I see why you you're so pissed.

For half the monthly dues, we have almost everything you listed. I pay less than $30 a month, and I signed up with no initiation fee, and they don't even HAVE a processing fee... that's just a money making gimmick.

I called LA today. The sales-douche to told me it's about $40/month/member w/a $25 sign up fee.

Maybe I'll just stick w/cardinal....

wizdawg

TCG Elite Member
May 1, 2005
I have never been to LifeTime, but a few friends that have had memberships liked the 24 hr operation, but that was it. One said he has never seen so many guys blow drying their hair and just hanging out in the locker room. I pay $34/mo to use the park district. Rarely do I ever had to wait for any piece of equipment and they have a big selection for a park district gym. I really couldn't ask for more other than hours past 10pm. Check out the local places before signing with LifeTime.

CobraKalas

Regular
Nov 16, 2005
Cardinal isnt that bad at all. I used to workout at Lifetime Bloomingdale for over 2 years. I got sick of paying $50+/month and switched to Cardinal Fitness. Sure they don't have a fancy climbing wall, or a hot tub or pool. But If your going to lift weights, then its perfect. They have everything you need (other than dumbbells heavier than 100lbs). I'm glad I switched to Cardinal and would NEVER go back to Lifetime

Mike1284

hey guy
Aug 8, 2006
Plainfield
classy place, but damn expensive. i used to go for free a few years ago (buddy found an id card with a guy that looked like me as long as i wore a hat lol,) real clean, organized place. never really was into weight training being that i have a bad back. i mainly went to use the pool/hot tub, basketball, racket ball stuff, treadmills once in awhile. was in the winter time too, worked out pretty great. id sign up again for that stuff if it wasnt crazy expensive.

Thread Info