12" Alpine Type R, MRP-M850 amplifier, sub box

Alpine MRP-M850 subwoofer amplifier

SOLD

Alpine MRP-M850

# mono subwoofer car amplifier
# 500 watts RMS x 1 at 4 ohms (800 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms)
# CEA-2006 compliant
# variable low-pass filter (50-200 Hz, 24 dB/octave)
# tuned Bass EQ (0-12 dB bass boost at 50 Hz)
# subsonic filter (24 dB at 15 Hz)
# MOSFET power supply
# STAR Topology (minimizes internal noise and prevents ground interference)
# gold-plated screw terminals
# speaker- and preamp-level inputs
# fuse rating: 25A x 3
# 4-gauge amp wiring kit with 80-amp fuse recommended — wiring and hardware not included with amplifier
# 15-5/8"W x 2-3/8"H x 9-9/16"D
This amp used to retail for $400, had it for less than a year didn't use it much.

img7062pw2.jpg

Type R and box - SOLD

OK new deal, I have a sub and box from my friend that I want to sell for him. It's a 15" Diamond subwoofer (CM315D4) in a big carpeted slot ported box. Hooked it up to my amp and everything works fine, it hits hard.

Here's a pic of the box + sub
subwooferom8.jpg

The dust cap has a dent in it, but this shouldn't affect the performance of the subwoofer. The dust cap is there to keep dust and other crap getting from getting into the voice coils.

Here's a little vid I made to show that everything is working
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eQUJMgmYos

Sub, box + my amp for $200

SOLD

Last edited:

Slider

Regular
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
If anyone is interested in the whole thing let me know now since, I'm getting interest in just selling the sub and amp seperately. This amp alone goes for $200+ on ebay and craigslist from what I've seen. I can hook it up in my car if someone wants to hear it. The only thing is I can't drive the car right now, so the person would have to come out here to hear it.

Last edited:

Slider

Regular
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
The box is pretty damn ugly, it sounds pretty good though, the port is tuned to a low frequency so it retains sound quality. I built the box according to the alpine spec sheet that came with the subwoofer. You can get a carpeted sealed box that is smaller for around $30 bucks on ebay or car audio sites if you want something presentable. It will be quieter but the bass should be tighter, and the response should be better. I've never had it in a sealed box though.

box26bf.jpg

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
The box is pretty damn ugly, it sounds pretty good though, the port is tuned to a low frequency so it retains sound quality. I built the box according to the alpine spec sheet that came with the subwoofer. You can get a carpeted sealed box that is smaller for around $30 bucks on ebay or car audio sites if you want something presentable. It will be quieter but the bass should be tighter, and the response should be better. I've never had it in a sealed box though.

box26bf.jpg

thats not bad, i might seal it myself and carpet it.. ive done some of that in the past.

This gonna go in the caravan silentd?

lol no, the stratus

Slider

Regular
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
OK new deal, I have a sub and box from my friend that he wants me to sell for him. It's a 15" Diamond subwoofer in a big carpeted slot ported box. Hooked it up to my amp and everything works fine, it hits hard. Sub, box + my amp for $225 OBO

It's not in the car right now but I can put it back and hook it up so you can see that everything works before anyone buys it. I also took care of my brakes so my car is drivable now.

Last edited:

Thread Info