Stumbled upon this on a lot

In the middle of friggin nowhere working the other day. Going around the block to get back on the main drag (if you can call it that) in Juneau, Wi. I turn the corner (always scan the used car lots for steals) here is this po-dunk used car dealer in a residential area. I quick scan and BAM my eyes came right back to the squared front end. Yup, it is a Typhoon. I go around the block and confirm and snap a few photos.
Its for sale.
Not sure on the price, mileage etsc but it wouldnt be hard to get.
Couple of Foxes that looked nice sitting on the main highway (not for sale) and 1 mid 60 and 1 late 60 GTO sitting for sale. Fuck, this was in like a 4 block area. Might have to drive back and check out all 12 blocks of this city for steals.
Anyhow, car looked like it was in really good condition.
Thought I would throw it up and see if anyones interested.

Image010.jpg

Image011.jpg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
GMC Typhoon

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Manufacturer General Motors
Production 1992–1993
4697 produced
Successor None
Engine(s) 4.3 L LB4 turbo V6
Transmission(s) 4-speed 4L60 auto
Wheelbase 100.5 in (2553 mm)
Length 170.3 in (4326 mm)
Width 68.2 in (1732 mm)
Height 60.0 in (1524 mm)
Curb weight 3822 lb (1734 kg)
Fuel capacity 20.0 gal (75.7 L)
Related GMC Syclone
GMC Jimmy
GMC Sonoma

The GMC Typhoon was a high-performance version of the GMC Jimmy SUV. Produced in 1992 and 1993, the Typhoon was based on the 1991 GMC Jimmy SUV.

Both the GMC Syclone and Typhoon (SyTy) trucks featured a Mitsubishi TD06-17C/8cm2 turbocharger and Garrett Water/Air intercooler attached to a 4.3 L LB4 [[V6] intake manifolds, fuel system, exhaust manifolds, and a 48mm twin-bore throttle body from the 5.7 L GM Small-Block engine. All SyTy's had a GM 700R4 transmission (4L60) 4-speed automatic transmission and a BorgWarner 1372(Syclone)/4472(Typhoon) transfer case splitting torque with 35% forward and 65% to the rear wheels. Both trucks featured all-wheel drive, upgraded brakes, and sport modifications to the standard suspensions. Unlike the Syclone, the Typhoon featured an air-operated self-leveling rear suspension. Output was officially 280 hp (209 kW) and 360 ft·lbf (488 N·m), but some stock Typhoons have been measured at over 300 hp (224 kW) on a dynamometer.

The Typhoon was capable of accelerating from 0-60 mph in 5.3 seconds and could do a quarter-mile run in 14.1 seconds at 95 mph (153 km/h). Car and Driver was impressed, comparing the Syclone's performance favorably to the Ferrari 348ts, Chevrolet Corvette, and Nissan 300ZX Turbo. It was a bargain at US$29,970, though the magazine criticized the plasticy interior pieces.

All three trucks were built for GMC by Production Automotive Services of Troy, Michigan. Aside from a handful of prototypes, only 4,697 Typhoons were built by GMC: 2,497 in 1992, and 2,200 in 1993. Unlike regular production Syclones, Typhoons were offered in various color configurations that differed by year, with black/black being the most common.

* Black w/ Black
* Black w/ Gray
* Frost White w/ Gray
* Aspen Blue w/ Gray
* Bright Teal w/ Gray
* Apple Red w/ Gray
* Forest Green Metallic w/ Grey
* Radar Blue w/ Radar Blue (2 total)

* Black w/ Black
* Black w/ Gray
* Apple Red w/ Apple Red
* Apple Red w/ Gray
* Frost White w/ White
* Frost White w/ Gray
* Garnet Red w/ Gray
* Royal Blue Metallic w/ Gray
* Forest Green Metallic w/ Gray
* Raspberry Metallic w/ Raspberry Metallic (2 total)

Slither

Feb 25, 2008
:( Dam I miss mine. '93 solid white. Scared the hell outa people launching at 18psi. Sold it to a guy and 2 weeks later a tree fell on the back of it. Told him to call me first if he were to sell it cuz if I had the money I would buy it back. He sold it for $5,000 and never called me. Check out syty.org or sportmachines.com

1MEANGT

Braaaaaaap!!!
Mar 18, 2004
Bad ass trucks for sure. I have always wanted one. But heard once you start modding them they become very unreliable.

I remember the 1st time I ever saw a typhoon. I was in high school at the time. I was downtown with some friends driving on Lake Shore Drive and this blur of a small SUV flew by us at about 120 mph. I was like WTF was that!!! A ways down the road we saw it at a light. Just looked awesome!

Thread Info