1999 Trans Am A4

For Sale add for my Trans Am. Its a 99 and about to crack 100k miles. I daily drive it. It has zero issues right now and was just tuned. I thought I'd love the car after it was tuned, but I'm kinda bored with it now and want something that would make a better DD.

Mods: Race Built 4L60E (upgraded servos, clutches, Beast sunshell, modified Trans-go shift kit, output shaft, etc.). Built by Transmissions By Mark. Good for up to 650 flywheel horsepower.
Midwest Racing billet Torque Converter. Its a 3800rpm, but showed almost 4k on the dyno. Its a little on the loose side and built to handle spray or FI. It locks up real nicely around 36-37mph.
The trans shifts nice and hard at WOT. I just had the trans guy look it over, and it showed absolutely no signs of wear and tear, and there's 4k miles on it.
It has a B&M 28k Transmission cooler.
The rear end is a stock 10 bolt out (3.23 gear) of an 01 SS. It had 6k miles on it when it was put in, and now has about 15k total on it. No whine or any bad noises.
The car also has BBK longtube headers, BBK ORY, has a SLP catback with a Medium Powerstick Muffler instead of the resonator (sounds great almost no rasp at all), Ported stock TB, Whisper Lid, custom ram air kit, NGK tr-55 plugs, MSD wires.
I have a set of BMR non-adjustable LCA's uninstalled and an 85mm Delphi MAF to go with the car.
The car was just tuned by Mike Hornback @ Straightline Performance. The car made 320rwhp and 334rwtq through this built trans/converter. Car is still the stock ls1 intake, stock UD pulley, and stock EWP.

The car shifts at 5800 because it made base peak power at 5600. Pulls really hard with the converter it has.

Exterior Appearance: All sidemarkers are tinted black with VHT nightshade. The front turn signals have blackout lenses. Rear taillights are stock, and the trans am bird logo has been removed, but the ghost of it is still there. It has corsa clone quad exhaust tips. The Trans Am wording and the side-molding has been deleted.
Car is sitting on Prostars. 15x3.5 fronts and 15x8 out back. Fronts are nankang 165/80/15 street tires (about 85% tread left) and the rears are 275/50/15 Mickey Thompson ET Street Drag Radials that have maybe a few track passes left. The car has ARP wheel studs that are an inch longer than stock to keep the wheels safe with the shank lugnuts.
Paint is about an 7.5 out of 10. The car is 10 years old. The paint shines great, but there are the usual chips, small scratches, keymark on spoiler (only seen from less than 10 feet away), some spiderwebbing on the rear bumper, and the infamous roof bubbling that the early LS1 cars had. It looks great overall though.

Interior: All stock. Rear seats in great condition. front driver seat has a small tear in the bolster closes to the door. The passenger side seatbelt holder on the headrest is cracked, but still attached to the seat and still holds the belt.
Driver seat is power. All seats are dark gray leather. Has the typical door panel cracks. Power antenna is disabled (i only listen to cd's anyways). A/C blows cold, and the heat is perfect. Monsoon stereo is all stock with the 12cd changer in the trunk. No dash cracks, no window tint. Windows work fine, but the passenger side is a little slow. All headlights, foglights, wipers, turn signals, etc. work. I'm the second owner of the car, and neither of us smoked.
Car currently has no spare tire, but it still has the jack. I can easily get the spare back.

New rear brake rotors with Hawk HPS pads. Stock front brakes.

I still owe a few grand on the car. When the new owner buys the car, I can either have a contract written up by the bank before the sale that guarantees the car title, or we can go to the bank (Harris) and do the process together.

I'm looking for 9k obo. Very negotiable. I don't really have to sell, but I'm just bored with the car. If you have any questions, PM me. You can also text or call me at 312-623-1053.

Photo045.jpg

Photo047.jpg

Photo051.jpg

Photo054.jpg

Photo042.jpg

Photo046.jpg

Photo049.jpg

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
Get DD, and theres always more to do to a car if your bored:rolleyes:

I don't feel like paying insurance on 2 cars. Plus there's just too much shit that breaks once you start modifying it. I'd rather just buy a vehicle thats already quick stock and then modify it down the road after I go to paramedic school.

A nice quick stock vehicle or better built f-body would be nice while allowing me to pocket the would-be mod money for a place of my own

Ear Rak

Underemployed
Nov 11, 2005
Fort Worth, TX
I don't feel like paying insurance on 2 cars. Plus there's just too much shit that breaks once you start modifying it. I'd rather just buy a vehicle thats already quick stock and then modify it down the road after I go to paramedic school.

A nice quick stock vehicle or better built f-body would be nice while allowing me to pocket the would-be mod money for a place of my own

insurance on two cars is generally cheaper, multi-car discount. get a cheap DD and keep KITT.

Synyzter

LS2 Power
Sep 3, 2007
my car is on liability, theft, and vandalism right now. I'm just bored with the car. It lost its appeal with me. I want something that I don't really need to modify and is just better overall to drive all year. I've been looking for cheap DD's, but with the luck I have I'll end up buying one that seems awesome when I test drive it, but will ultimately end up broken constantly

Thread Info