335/35-17 Hoosier DRs on 10.5" Cobra Rs

Hey guys,

I'm selling my drag radials. I used to think my car was solid enough to drive to the track and drive home, well its not. It always gets trailered now so I no longer need DOT track tires. I just picked up a set of 15" wheels, so these gotta go.

You are getting 2 335/35-17 Hoosier Drag Radials and 2 17 x 10.5" '95 Cobra R replica wheels. The wheels/tires are dynamically, road-force balanced with tape weights. The pics don't show the centercaps, but I believe they are in my toolbox at work. They are just a generic knockoff cobra centercap. These tires have exactly 7 passes on them and about 60 miles of street driving on them. Yes, these are practically brand new.

I found the best way to fit such a large tire on my car was with a 3/4" spacer and rolling the fender lips. You also need to remove the quad shocks, flip/tweak the parking brake cable brackets, and very slightly massage the inner fender for added clearance. These tires are guaranteed to get you that "wow! how did u stuff such a huge tire under there" attention.;:cool2: And they have all the traction in the world to back it up.

I've got about $700 tied up here, I'll let them go for $450.

048.jpg

050.jpg

049.jpg

033.jpg

032.jpg

029.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

DSC01039.jpg

l_06481497cd1a41adaa7ae6ae6ebff50b.jpg

:headbang:

ledfoot85

Mar 1, 2006
In reality, its not that much work involved. I think the hardest thing to do out of all of it was install the longer wheel studs to use the 3/4" spacers. Clearancing the sheet metal for the tires does not involve any cutting and can be done in about an hour or so.

You are right though, this is not just a bolt on affair. If it was, everybody would be running 335s.

Will also take trades on the following 03 Cobra parts, plus cash:

Heat exchanger mounting brackets
Intercooler pump bracket
Intercooler reservoir w/cap
Intercooler reservoir hoses

Thread Info