2000 Mustang GT Coupe (track car)

2000 Mustang GT Coupe for sale.
105k 5-speed 4.6 v8
Used for NASA and SCCA track and auto-x events

I'm selling my car. It's a great car in most respects, but I'm just not having as much fun as I used to with it and can't justify keeping it. It needs a bit of maintenance that I'm not interested in performing mostly because I don't have a garage (see ugly section).

This is a good car for someone looking for a track car, possibly something to build into an AI car, adjust to be competitive in time trails, or part out.

The Good:
Chassis
-Maximum motorsports full length HD subframe connectors
-Evolution Motorsports v-brace
-Kenny Brown k-member brace
-4pt Autopower rollbar
-Solid Steering Shaft
-Maximum Motorsports Aluminum Steering rack bushings
-Maximum Motorsports Strut Tower Brace
-Never wrecked, clean title​
Drivetrain
Engine
-Ford 4.6 SOHC engine (260hp stock) dyno'd 2 years ago at 260rwhp
-Steeda underdrive pulleys
-Accufab Upper intake and throttle body
-Mangaflow exhaust (x-pipe and catback)
-Tuned for premium gas​
Transmission
-Stock Ford 5-speed manual
-Steeda shifter​
Axle
-Torsen 28spline t2 diff
-Ford 3.73 gear​

Brakes
-Mustang Cobra Front and Rear
-Stainless Brake lines (front only)
-Carbotech XP12(?) and XP8(?) pads (some spare pads included - need to check my inventory)​

Suspension
Front
-Maximum Motorsport Coilover
-03 Cobra Coupe Bilstein Struts (1 spare inc)
-Maximum Motorsports 4 bolt caster/camber plates
-Maximum Motorsprots A-arms fwd offset, delrin bushings
-350lb/in springs (I've got other rates if interested)
-Steeda BumpSteer Kit
Rear
-Maximum Motorsports Torque Arm
-Maximum Motorsports Lower Control Arms
-Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar
-Maximum Motorsports Rear Coilovers
-Bilstein HD shocks
-225lb/in springs (I've got other rates)​
Wheels
-2 sets of OEM Ford 17x9. Both have cosmetic damage. Curb rash, marks from R&R lug nuts.
-Cobra 10th Ann has worn street tires
-03 Cobra std has worn r-comps​

Interior
-Recaro Speed seats ($750 extra, otherwise I'll install oem cloth seats I buy off the 'net)
-5pt harnesses
-Rear seat removed
-Gutted trunk​

The bad:
-The radio preset buttons are broke

-Wheels
-2 sets of OEM Ford 17x9. Both are cosmetic damage. One wheel needs replacing (damage from broken lug)
-1 set has worn street tires
-1 set has worn r-comps​
-The engine has had 4(?) spark plug holes fixed with timeserts (kit included)
-Needs front bearing/hubs replaced (parts included)
-Windshield washers squirts don't work
-HVAC doesn't blow cool air, AC works great though. (There is a door in the HVAC controls that apparently failed)
-Steering wheel not aligned straight, bumpsteer out of adjustment - needs alighnment
-My bumper was stolen. I'm missing a trim piece from the front. It's purchased, but on backorder.
-I'm the mechanic. I'm not a great mechanic.​

The ugly:
-The car has 8 years of outdoor city living under it's belt. The body panels need some loving. Just about every panel has a nick or scrape....expect the front bumper, that's new.
-The engine has a ticking noise in the #8(?) cylinder. It might be nothing, it might be a bent valve, it might be terminal. I haven't been able to investigate because I don't have the garage space. The engine runs fine, but this warrants concern.​

Spares (I need to double check these)
-1 bilstein 03 Cobra strut
-2 sets front springs (425, 325lb/in ???)
-1 set rear springs
-1 new front caliper, one used (side specific)
-1 rear caliper (new, side specific)
-Some brake pads (1 Front street set, 1 race spare (10% remaining), 1 street rear, 1 race rear )
-Brake duct kit​
Price $xxxk. I'm not negotiating at this time. Located in Chicago, IL 60647. No warranty.

Jon

EDIT: PICS, updated spares list
Full album http://s5.photobucket.com/albums/y167/jfranci3/CarSalePics/?albumview=grid

Note: Couldn't get good audio on the camera vid. Harness bar not installed.

MustangWet.jpg

JonsMustangFront.jpg

JonsMustangPassFront10.jpg

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
Rearend - The torsen rearend is no good for drag racing. They don't take well to shocks and may distribute the power irratically in low grip situations (power will swing from left to right to left).

Rollbar - Do I want to spend an afternoon removing my jungle gym, wiggling it out of the car, and leaving the car with 16 holes in the floor just for $300...No.

stunuts

My Member?!
Jul 28, 2008
Rearend - The torsen rearend is no good for drag racing. They don't take well to shocks and may distribute the power irratically in low grip situations (power will swing from left to right to left).

Rollbar - Do I want to spend an afternoon removing my jungle gym, wiggling it out of the car, and leaving the car with 16 holes in the floor just for $300...No.

gotta like that!

free bump TT

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
Sold to some guy from Iowa!

The car didn't need any immediate work. It drove and performed fine. I've driven it at an open track event and done long drives with the noise . You just need to be aware it's there and either fix it or runner her till the source of the noise makes itself evident. Worst case scenario, you buy a $1500 ebay motor.

jfranci3

Regular
May 13, 2005
2v's can do it w/o afterburners, but Ford screwed up the trans sonic aerodynamics. It gets a bit dicey.

That's actually a R-comp hydroplanning test. I have no idea why water is coming up ahead of me. I think it was because I was driving so hard (NASA joke). It the test failed 6 corners as I realized the water on the track was getting to deep to drive on. I slowed down, but slid a good 300 meters off the track. 2 stuck trucks and a half hour later, a farm truck pulled me out. Not all "off road" tires are created equal.

Thread Info