03 Mach - Built - Whipple - GT Cams - T56 - MM - Forgeline - 9600 miles

A friend of mine suggested listing this here - so here it is :)

I'm ready to get this sold. I was asking $31k or best offer but I'm going to drop it now to your choice of $28,500 with the Forgeline wheels/tires or $26,500 if you provide your own wheels and tires.
Now has about 9600 miles. It's basically a super fast, tight showcar that I drive maybe 2-3 times a month.
This isn't a Cobra drivetrain swap - people usually ask me that first. It's a built from the ground up aluminum teksid motor. The Cobra accessory parts (intake, IC, timing cover, brackets...) were purchased either brand new or gently used then al of the parts that could be powder coated, were coated.
MM suspension, solid axle and aluminum block makes this like a lightweight version of an 03-04 cobra.
Basically, it has everything that a Cobra would aspire to having - all supporting mods EXCEPT the only thing I haven't done is change the rear axles - and I would suggest it for sticky tires. I opted for some of the best parts available (For example, I went with a complete Maximum Motorsports tubular front end instead of the less expensive UPR/D&D stuff).
The car is really, really nice. No internal gauges - just the Livewire, which does it all. Interior is stock when you put the Livewire away :)
Looking for a nice 91-93 coupe as well - so I'll consider trades +cash.

YouTube - 2003 Mach 1 w/ Whipple Exhaust Sounds[/media]

YouTube - 2003 Mach 1 For Sale[/media]
Engine
Built Teksid shortblock
Cobra Crank
CP 17cc Pistons
Manley Rods w/ ARP 2000 Bolts
ARP Head and Main Studs
Canton Aluminum road race pan, Canton windage tray
Comp-Cams Springs and Retainers
Ford GT supercar cams
140AX 2.3 Whipple
Metco 6# lower
Billetflow 4-piece idler kit
Powder-coating on valve covers, timing covers and front acc.
Accufab TB
JLT Big Boost CAI
LFP Heat Exchanger
Maximum Motorsports oil-filter relocation kit
Fuel/Tuning
SCT BA2400
60lb Injectors
Cobra Tank
Cobra Pickup with Ford GT pumps
Dual FPDM harness
Livewire SCT tuner
Innovate LC1 wideband
3-bar MAP (both wideband and MAP connected and working through Livewire - can datalog both)
Exhaust
American Racing Longtube Step-Headers 3" Merge Collectors
Custom 3" X-pipe w/V-Band clamps at collectors
SLP LM1 Stainless Cat-Back
Drivetrain
2000 Cobra-R Spec T-56
26-spline Input Shaft
Ram HDT clutch
Dynotech Aluminum Driveshaft
New style Pro 5.0 Shifter
Suspension
Maximum Motorsports K-member
Maximum Motorsports Control arms
Maximum Motorsports Coil-overs
Maximum Motorsports Caster-Camber plates
Maximum Motorsports Swaybar relocation kit
Bilstein Struts and shocks
Steeda sway-bar
Steeda rear adj. alum lowers
Steeda double-adjustable uppers
Wheels/Tires
18inch Forgeline GT3 wheels (18x10.5, 18x9)
New pzero rosso tires (315/30/18 - 265/35/18) - Wheels/tires over $4k alone.
Other
Honeycolb Mach rear panel
Sequential turn signals
NBSpics%20001.jpg

machpics%20001.jpg

enginerun%20036.jpg

^^ Shaker is now installed :)
machpics%20005.jpg

IMG_2053m.jpg

IMG_2064.JPG

IMG_2043.JPG

jeff33702

Feb 19, 2009
Thanks guys. I wouldn't sell it but I was able to buy THE car I had when I was in high-school, a 68 coupe that I sold to a friend of the family. I've got it back now but its in BAD shape and destined to be the biggest money pit ever... :)

As for the numbers on the Mach. It's based on a mail-order tune from RWTD. Made 592 @ 16lbs. That was in the summer when we had pulled some timing and such to make it safe for 95+ temps. Easy 615-620ish tweaking the tune on pump gas. A lot of guys run a ton of timing and such on pump gas and I probably could too, but I don't want to take any chances. It was expensive enough to build the FIRST time :)

jeff33702

Feb 19, 2009
Jeff,

As a former Mach1 engineer at Ford, I must say this is the best modded Mach I have seen.

I am looking for a Cobra currently, but this is interesting too...

Good luck.

I really appreciate that. I intended to combine what I felt were the best things about the Mach and Cobra into one car.

You can sign the trunk next to Scott's name :)

I'm getting a little negotiable on the price. Last year, I didn't take it to the SVTOA/Camp Steeda/Sebring event because I didn't want to drive it hard, round the tires, catch a rock-chip...you know :) I brought my Mazdaspeed3 instead. Now that I have it out of my system, I might bring the Mach this year (Memorial Day weekend) to advertise it. I'll just take it easy.

Jeff

jeff33702

Feb 19, 2009
I have done my share of signings actually! I cringed when the owners asked me to, handed me a paint pen and told me to go at it.

Send me a PM if you like to chat about your project. Where are you in FL?

PM sent - BTW, Scott signed it inside the trunk lid, for the previous owner ;) That's a safe spot. I worry for the guys who have to sign the dash - don't mess up! hah

Thread Info