95 Civic Ex for sale, great commuter, DD, winter ride - 30+ MPG, cheap

********** 11/19 CAR HAS BEEN SOLD!! **********

I'm putting this gas sipper up for sale. Fill up the tank for about $25-27 and drive for over 350 miles. Great commuter or city car. This is my 3rd car that was purchased recently, I just don't have room for it, and it seems stupid to have 3 cars and a trailer for just me.

The car is a black 1995 Honda Civic EX 2 door coupe with AUOTMATIC transmission. Its got 125K miles which is nice and low for the year. Car is completely 100% bone stock and hasn't been modified or raced, so the motor should have plenty of miles left in it. Mechanically the car is pretty good. Has a little front end noise turning right, probably just a tie rod or ball joint, but no big deal. Power windows, locks all work. Great heat and A/C. Inside of the car is super clean and it has a nice little removable-face CD player/radio. The outside is decent, couple rough spots, it has a few dings and dents, looks good from 10ft, but very little rust and is priced accordingly.

As it sits currently, the car needs 2 front tires which can be bought for about $90 out the door for (2), the 14" tires are pretty small and inexpensive compared to 17" or 18", lol. It also needs a new muffler so its kind of loud, but a cheap muffler can be bought for $50 at Advance Auto, Autozone, or a similar store. Other than the 2 tires and muffler, its mechanically sound and will make a good commuter / city car.

I was going to keep it and just drive the thing as a DD , but I just cant justify having a 3rd car. I dont want to put any more money in this thing, but would be great for a do-it-yourselfer who would invest $150 in it and a little time.

Car is located in Wayne, IL, just off route 59, near North Ave - West Chicago area. There are no plates on the car as it isnt registered currently but I have the title in hand.

Feel free to email me with any questions or if you're interested.

Price dropped.
$1900 CASH - FIRM for CSVT peeps.

PB070020.jpg

PB070021.jpg

PB080024.jpg

PB080025.jpg

PB080026.jpg

PB080027.jpg

PB080028.jpg

PB080029.jpg

PB080030.jpg

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
i am interested.....as a winter driver....I am concerned about it getting stuck in the snow due to it's height. Have you ran into that issue?

I didn't have the car last winter so I can't say either way. I bought it from a co-worker that lives in River Forest and he commuted in it everyday for 5 years and it was his only car, so it must not be too bad.

JA$ON

ching chong potato
Sep 7, 2004
there's nothing wrong with it?

the description says everything. shoot me a PM if you'd like to see it. got the SRS light turned off so airbags will work 100% and the SRS system is fine. got a carfax as well - no accidents.

NEW PRICE - $1900, it will not be any lower, anytime soon :biggthump
I can't give this thing away. There are similar models with salvage/rebuild titles selling for 1500-1600

Thread Info