Wanted: Old Golf GTI

Mystic544

TimmaY
Apr 7, 2004
Peoria, AZ
Don't trade you SVT Focus off with the go fast goodies on her
Swap them on over to mine;) Especially if you have some all season tires!
:alcoholicTimmaY

The new Golf is a pretty good looking car. Since there really isn't much out in the market place like our cars these days - I have been passively looking at them and the mini cooper S.... lol little go carts

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
^^ I might do that ; ). She won't be gone, my dad might drive her. sorry no all seasons though, that was the next purchase. All tentative plans at the time, I'll keep you posted. The reason I want an old GTI (specifically Mark II) is the fact that they are light and handle great, like the SVT, and even similar performance. Plus i finally get a car to wrench on since it is really simple and cheap, and still classy, not like a civic or anything. My insurance is the main reason i may switch since it is absolutely killing me.

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
I imagine youre already a member of vwvortex.com? I was a member there before I found the SVT sites. Idk what I was thinking.

If things progress and become serious then yes, I was trolling that site today TONS of info. As of right now I don"t know the direction I will be taking to absolve my insurance issue so I did not sign up.

I would like to keep my car because I am a little nervous driving a car almost as old as I am, if not older. Plus my GF would hate it even more than the Focus, which is hard to believe.

Rotard

No respect
Jul 11, 2007
How old? this is the generation I'm looking for, and I can only afford around 1g, where this generations value falls:
mk2_gti.jpg

Thread Info