FS: 1999.5 VW Jetta GLS VR6 5-Speed Manual $3,995

Up for sale is my 1999.5 (new MKIV body style) Jetta GLS VR6 5-Speed. I am the second owner of this car and have had it for about 6 years. While I hate to see it go, it is time for me to move on. This car has treated me well for the past 6 years and is still every bit as fun to drive as it was the day I bought it. The car needs a bit of TLC and although it could be driven as is I would highly recommend fixing the few mechanical items, since it is being sold as is.

The car has a few cosmetic blemishes, a hole in the front bumper from somebody backing into the car while it was parked in a parking lot last winter when it was below zero outside, so cold in fact that the bumper broke rather than flexing to absorb the impact.

Secondly, the right rear quarter panel of the car has a dent from my sister backing into it with her SUV, she also broke the tail light which is why I have installed the smoked lights (which I had in the garage) and only have one remaining OEM red tail light. There is also a scratch on the left quarter panel near the deck lid, I have no idea what it’s from or how it could possibly have happened, but it was another parking lot prize.

What it has:
- VR6 Six Cylinder Engine
- 5 Speed Manual Transmission
- Alpine Stereo System (professionally installed amplifier and speakers – sounds much better than the OEM monsoon system)
- CD Changer
- Power Moonroof
- Alloy Wheels – Avus Design
- Tinted Tail Lights
- Smoked Side Markers
- European Headlight Switch (OEM)

What it needs (to my knowledge):
- New Spark Plugs & Wires
- Re-epoxy coilpack (or replace it with a new one, but as you know from vortex they generally crack anyways, so you may as well just re-epoxy it)
- New Tires

Pics here - http://www.j-e-r-e-m-y.com/jetta

Thread Info

• The Pun
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list