FS - 1996 Dodge Intrepid ES 3.5L - White

Today we have for sale a 1996 Dodge Intrepid ES. It has the 3.5L V6 Engine.

There are about 159,xxx on the odometer. I can get exact miles if needed.
This was a smoker's car before I got it, so people who can't stand the smell of smoke residue are cautioned, though I think the smell has dissipated since I got it.
I do not know how many owners there have been before me, as I bought it just to get a car last August (2007). VIN can be provided for Carfax. Car is currently titled to the computer shop I used to work for, but title is in hand and free of liens.

Options:
Dual power seats
Leather
Auto-dimming mirror
Garage Door buttons on Driver's visor
Power Moon/Sunroof
Traction Control
Alloy wheels

It has good tires on it, and can hold it's own in the snow. Might need brakes in the future, but it stops well. This is a good winter beater.

Issues: Hood and Left fender have some denting/damage. I can get another hood and Left fender for it if looks are an issue if you have to have a beater that looks halfway decent. There are some scratches and such on the bumper covers, but not really noticeable unless you are close. All body damage existed when I bought the car.

asking $1500 O.B.O.

Pictures:

100_6896.JPG

100_6895.JPG

100_6897.JPG

100_6891.JPG

100_6898.JPG

Last edited:

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Added information:

this car gets pretty damn good gas mileage... always averaged around 18-19 mpg in the city...

It was sitting at 18.1 the morning I left Rockford to drive to Plainfield to set up the deal on the GTP. I-39 to I-88 to Rte. 59 and back it rose to 18.5 and has sat there since I got the GTP. I haven't driven this car much in the 1-1/2 months that I have had the GTP.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
More added information:

I had forgotten that the timing belt had worked the tensioner bolt out of the block and then broke the bolt. this happened in Aug of 2007. I was not on the gas when it broke, so damage to the pistons was not created. I had a guy that knows quite a bit about this generation of Intrepid put a new timing belt and tensioner in. No issues arose from this catastrophic failure, which is a good thing because other 3.5L engines have failed in this manner and fuxored the pistons...

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL

Looks MUCH better now, Sounds like a "good DD" not something that will last for 3 months and die. at a $1500 price point, it also kinda helps it sound/look better than it really is too if you catch my drift. You may even get lucky and have someone low-ball you with a $1200 offer if you catch my drift :wink:

I mean shit, The guy wanted $650 for the SHO I bought, I offered $500 and got it.... offered 75% what he wanted, and he bit.

It'll sell FAST on Chitown honestly...

Last edited:

Thread Info

• RebelGTP
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list