90 Mustang Gt 5 Speed Convertible Project Car Runs Great

Buy my project car so I can finish my other project car!!!

I am selling My 90 Mustang Gt convertible. I bought this car last september as a project car. It had a dented fender and hood which I replaced with good new parts. I decided to repaint the whole car which as you can see I have done. I have not had time to finish some touch up work to the paint, or do some of the other things the car needs. The body will need some touch up paint work. I had a lot of orange peel in the clear which when wetsanded down went too far and the car will need to be re clearcoated.

There are a few spots that are not perfect, so a total repaint may be needeed on the car. I will include some extra paint and clear coat for the touch up route. I have a new black top in the trunk and a replacement top hydraulic ram to repair the broken one. The interior is in great shape minus the driver and passenger seat which need to be recovered / replaced. There is a brand new sony cd head unit that I installed that will go with the car and upgraded speakers.

The odometer shows that the car has 127k on it, but I was told the engine was replaced with a lower mileage 5.0 ho from a 91. I don't know if this is true, btu It runs excellent. The power steering pump is noisy and will need to be replaced. The car was orignially an automatic that was converted to a 5 speed. They used a Ford motorsport King cobra clutch, Upr Firewall adjuster, and upr short throw shifter when they did the swap. Being orignally an auto the car has a 3.27:1 ring and pinnion. The other performance mods are a k&n cone filter, off road 2.5 inch H pipe and flowmaster exhaust. It's a very quick car.

The tires are new bf goodrich g-force ta kdws all around. The fronts are a 235/45r17 and out back 275/40r17 on 17X8 Wheels up front and 17X10 out back. The wheels are not perfect. They were once chrome that someone painted black and the black is peeling in spots. The front tires rub a little on tight turns, but I think this can be fixed by trimming the inner fender well liner.

The other issues with the car is that the trans grinds 2nd and third gear pretty bad I believe the trans in the car now was from a 4 cylinder. I am including a good V8 T5 trans from an 89 that will fix this problem You will need to get the correct v8 pilot bearing. There is a vibration at about 50 mph that is most likely a u-joint in the drive shaft.

The car also comes with a spoiler ans a hood scoop that you can use if you want. The tail lamps on the car are junk and you will need new ones. Both door handles are worn out and I am including new handles.

The car is solid and runs awesome. I have not had any time to work on this car and I need to sell it as I have too many projects on my plate and bills to pay. I will not take less than $2200.00 for the car as I already have more than this invested.

Pm For more info.

drivers-.JPG

passenger-.JPG

rear-.JPG

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
They have to get me out to McChesney Park and back from Downers Grove.

I just dont want to use dry rotted tires incase they blow out and damage my new rims. Plugs, Patches are ok along with some wear. Not bald though lol. Nothing fancy!

PM me what you come up with.

BTW.. Thats a nice project car for a decent price.

Thread Info