1993 Cobra

Since my last post was closed because someone thought it wasnt a reasonable price I will repost it. The market on these cars is going up and just because someone thinks the price is high I dont feel my post should be closed. That was one hell of a welcome to the site.

I am considering selling my 93 to get one that I am not afraid to drive. The car is a black on gray cloth car. It has the cd, rear window defrost, power seat and sunroof options. The car was originally purchased by a 78 year old couple in Michigan. They owned it until 2004 when they sold it to a collector in central Illinois. The car had 1900 miles on it then. That collector kept the car until a few months ago when I purchased it with 4100 miles. The car has 4132 miles as of today. All of the miles are documented. The car has been kept in a car jacket since day one, and was always stored in a climate controlled garage. The car is wiped down after every drive and hasnt been washed since the first owner (I was told he never washed it but can't confirm that). Both times the car was bought it was transported in an enclosed trailer to keep it out of the elements and away from rocks. The car is truly immaculate. The underside is spotless showing that the car has never been in rain. I have all of the documents for the car. I also have the original untouched floormats, seat belt extenders, etc that came with the car.

$29,000. Maybe someone won't feel that is too high and close the thread. I know of one here in chicago with 10k miles that sold for $23,000 and one on ebay right now that is nearing 31k without the reserve met.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I closed your thread, not because of your price but because of the way you posted your ad and first posts.

1. You did not post a price initially. 01Sleeper went out of his way to tell you the rules require a listed price. He could have simply deleted your thread at that time.

2. Rather than post a price after his post, you answered: "Thats the problem. The prices are all over the place on these. I havent seen one with this low of mileage go up for sale in a long time. I know of one with 1200 miles on it that sold for $35k awhile ago."

3. 01Sleeper had to tell you a 2nd time to post a price.

4. Your next post is: "Like I said earlier, I am considering selling the car. Since I was forced to put a price on it why not go high? You can always negotiate!!! I may just end up keeping the car cause its hard to replace a stock low mile car."

This sounds like a gauging interest type post which is against the rules. Here's the relevant portion of Rule 7 from the Classified section of the rules: "No “Gauging Interest” posts. Either you want to sell the item or you don’t."

5. Finally, your last post in your initial thread is: "The car will be at the picnic weather permitting. A few people have low balled me but if it doesnt bring a fair price I will just keep it."

You talked about negotiation in one post and called it low balling in the next. Keep in mind that these posts are your first posts on the site and IMHO, you seemed to be breaking rules and complaining more than is usual for a new member. Add these factors up and that is why I closed the thread.

I mentioned you could start a new thread which you have done. Maybe I should have PMed my opinions to you rather than posted them. I will leave this thread alone and wish you good luck on the sale of your car.

Mystic195

May 18, 2008
I guess what makes me mad about the whole situation is you closed it for no reason other than you didnt like the "way you posted your ad and first posts." You didn't end it because I broke the rules.

1.) I agree I could have posted a price right away but wasnt sure what the car would bring. He voiced his opinions and a price was added.

2.) I probably should have just posted $35k then. But I didnt and its my mistake but not something to end the thread over.

3.) Enough said

4.) When your selling something and you dont get a fair price why should I sell it. I am willing to negotiate for a fair price!!! I wasnt gauging interest. If someone gives me an offer of what I think is fair the car is sold. It is for sale, but I am not going to give it away.

5.) The car was going to be at the picnic weather permitting. After all of this I am not sure. I know what negotiating is. A 15k and 17,500 offer on a 4100 mile car is what I consider lowballing. There is no negotiating when you start that low.

I wasnt complaining about anything on here until my thread was wrongly ended. The link that was posted earlier was for a mandatory suspension for something like you did. If I had done that I would be suspended. If you didnt like the thread I would have appreciated a PM instead of just using your power to end the thread.

I have said my part now, as have you, so its ended.

Thread Info