FS: '03 Cobra, 2.4 Kenne-Bell, Built Solid Axle, 4r70w Auto Tranny

Hey there, I'm looking to sell my car which has been built over the years.

It's a 2003 Cobra, RedFire. Has just under 20,000 miles.

Mods are as follows:

- 2.4L Polished Kenne-Bell blower
- Pulleys for 17# and 21# tunes
- SCT Excalibrator with 3-custom tunes
-Tuned by Hermann Stolzenberg (HP By Hermann)
- Fuel System upgrades:
- Boost-A-Pump with upgraded wiring
- Upgraded Wiring to Fuel Pumps
- Upgraded Steel braided Fuel line from tank to rails
- 60# injectors
- Upgraded Fuel Rails

- Horsepower by Hermann installed Automatic 4r70w tranny:
- Full Manual Valve-body
- Electronic Overdrive
- Electronic LockUp Triple-Disc P.I. Convertor
- TransBrake (4200-stall)
- Stock shifter from Mach-I (looks factory)
- Rated to 1000+ horsepower

- RearEnd
- 8.8 inch Solid Axle from '96 Mustang
- 9-inch axle ends so no need to run c-clip eliminators
- CHE Axle brace to keep Axle from flexing back and forth
- Baseline Suspensions Anti-Roll Bar with detachable
downlinks for road use
- Lakewood 50/50 shock
- 3.55 gears with FULL Spool

- Front Suspension
- Maximum Motorsports Tubular K-member
- MM Coilovers with 225# springs
- MM Tubular A-arms
- MM Oil-filter relocation kit. (Oil filter is underneath
front bumper-easy access

- Exhaust System
- Bassani Ceramic coated Mid-length header
- Bassani X-pipe with High-flow catalytic convertors
- Magnaflow Stainless Steel CatBack

- LFP Heat-Exchanger
- P-Fab Intercooler Reservoir
- RedLine Tuning Hood Shocks
- Rhodes CustomAuto CUSTOM made Chromoly 8-point Rollbar
with fully detachable swing-out door bars
- HANS Racecraft full-length SubFrame connectors (Rollbar
is welded to connectors)
- Dual 5-point RJS Racing Harnesses bolted to floor and to
rollbar.

Nothing wrong with the car at all, just need to make room for another High-horsepower car that I bought.

Asking $27,000. I can Send some pictures if requested. I have quite a few of them. Just let me know !!

03RedCobra

Oct 9, 2005
As far as Horsepower numbers, the car in the form it's in now has never been on a Dyno. The guy who tuned it tunes on the street with his Laptop, so, I don't know what "Numbers" it has to be honest.

As far as the track, last year when I ran it, it went 11.46 @ 96. That was on my street-tune at 17#s of boost. I let off at around the 1000' mark so that I wouldn't get kicked off for no rollbar. Well, now that I have the rollbar, of course, I've had a couple of stupid issues with it. What I though was a "Messed up" engine, turned out to the the catalytic convertors were all messed up inside with the material making a LOT of noise. Muscle Mustang Performance put on some new Cats, and now it's back to normal. I put on a new Battery/Alternator as well, an Optima Redtop, because the other battery was an issue (it was the original stock battery) and it was causing lower than usual voltage to the fuel pumps, so, I had problems on the top-end of the dragstrip with fuel starvation. The old Alternator was a PA-Performance piece of junk. The new battery has made a WORLD of difference, and I put on a FORD Remanufactered one. I wish I had known that it was something as stupid as the battery/alternator combo, but, I'm by NO means a Car expert !! LOL

03RedCobra

Oct 9, 2005
The car should be mid to low 10's if it runs like it should with the posted mods.

You're exactly right. Now that I've changed the battery and Alternator, it doesn't have the "draggy" feeling when it's pulling into higher RPM's. I wish I had gotten this straightened out this year before the track closed so that I could get some good runs in. It pulls a LOT harder now !! Amazing what giving it the proper voltage does !! LOL

03RedCobra

Oct 9, 2005
I bet the Rhodes looks good! You should post some pictures of the car...

That Rhodes bar is TOP quality !!! The attention to detail is second to none.

I'd like to post some pictures, but they are all over 1MB in size. I thought we were limited on picture sizes on forums ? at least other forums they have a 500k or so limit. I have no idea how to shrink the size of the pics down either.

03RedCobra

Oct 9, 2005
Here's the only Pic I have that's under the "Pic-Size" limit. It was at World Ford Challenge this year. I got a 1.57 60-foot on this Pic. That was on the mild street tune 17#'s, and 17-degrees timing.

Attachments

• WFC131.jpg
    WFC131.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 296

BlaqSnake

PC Pimp
May 13, 2006
Aurora, IL
I'd like to post some pictures, but they are all over 1MB in size. I thought we were limited on picture sizes on forums ? at least other forums they have a 500k or so limit. I have no idea how to shrink the size of the pics down either.

Checkout Photobucket.com and upload your pictures there. Then you can link them into your thread.

Nice car, good luck with the sale. :biggthump

Thread Info