Stock 03/04 shortblock

Stock shortblock out of my 03 with 37k ish on the clock. Spun a wrist pin. Crank, rods and pistons are ok along with bearings. My shop told me if I was to want to do something with it, take it .010 over and toss some better pistons in it, (but I had already ordered another complete shortblock) and be on the way with a very stout shortblock. Will not separate anything off the motor yet. Looking to get $1300 for it plus shipping. If you are in the area, come pick it up for $1200 and save me the hassle. Paypal, cash and of course, Jack Daniels are accepted.

sellthisshit019.jpg

sellthisshit018.jpg

sellthisshit017.jpg

sellthisshit016.jpg

sellthisshit015.jpg

sellthisshit014.jpg

sellthisshit013.jpg

sellthisshit012.jpg

sellthisshit011.jpg

sellthisshit010.jpg

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
I'm interested in this, but you cant "spin a wrist pin." Especially in an engine with full floating pins. If you 'spun' something, it was a bearing and those come in crank and rod in this context.

If you spun a bearing, which one, and what does the crankshaft look like on that journal? I'd need a pic (feel free to pm or email me the pic if you want to be discreet)

A bit of it looks like its been apart, probably "for inspection." How much of this was torn down?

Are you willing to deliver to Chicagoland? We could dicker back and forth on the price, but I would still have to rent a vehicle in which to pick it up...

cyac5l8trfcar

{'''}o_o{'''}
Sep 12, 2005
staying tuned :popcorn: in case you part stuff out, i'm interested in the crank

I have a stocker out of a '01 with 8k on it, trashed multiple pistons. I haven't had it checked out, but I'm pretty certain it's fine. $150 and it's yours, plus, if you take it to a machine shop and they say it's no good i'll give you the dough back and cover whatever costs you incurred.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
I'm intrested in this Short block as described.

PM me if Shelbyguy passes on it!

How far are you from IL / IN border?

Will my 99 Cobra stuff bolt right up to this short block, like the Vortech SC, Heads and Intake along with all the front accessories ect...?

I want to get a 03 04 block to replace the mine.

If anyone else knows if it will work, please chime in so I know if its worth my time looking for a 03 -04 block if Shelbyguy buys this one.

Thanks

ShelbyGuy

Turgid Member
Mar 26, 2004
sorry, tranz, but i got caught up in prepping my car for road america. I'd like to come see the crank in person (thats really the smoking gun in this, to my mind) so it would be next week at the earliest. please pm me a location and time. if someone runs up to you with a fist full of cash demanding that you sell it before i get there, take it and go with it :)

Thread Info