Weld Prostars 4 SALE

SOLD

WILL NOT SEPARATE

Bought these from Obie(1BadSnake) in december. They have sat in the garage. I'd like to get what I payed for them. $800 FIRM. I took them out for a short drive to make sure there was no rubbing, that was the only time I drove them. I have never taken them to the track.

Here is a thread with pics...

http://www.chicagosvt.com/forums/showthread.php3?t=17258

Mounted the rears on my car.
Picture019.jpg

Picture018.jpg

SonicBlur

Harvester of Sorrow
Oct 15, 2004
Schaumburg
They tires have never been on the car. They will not fit Cobra rear brakes unless you either shave the caliper and the tie rod. Or you can switch to smaller brakes.

That's what I was afraid of....I gotta do some thinking about this. I wonder how much GT rear calipers and rotors are gonna cost me...and how much breaking power I would lose. I'll let you know Chris.

-Mike

Mr. Unknown

Oct 26, 2005
That's what I was afraid of....I gotta do some thinking about this. I wonder how much GT rear calipers and rotors are gonna cost me...and how much breaking power I would lose. I'll let you know Chris.

-Mike

Well just for convo. I don't think it'd going to matter all that much. The fronts is where you get most of your power from. And if you're buying drag slicks that prob means you don't spend too much time on a roadcourse.

drenath

Low MPH - Rand Road Crew
Jul 25, 2005

-Mike
I downgraded to GT front brakes a few weeks ago. The car still stops better than the GT's, I think we have a different brake cylinder or something.

The pedal feel change is pretty drastic and high speed fade is present.

Give yourself extra room and stop earlier until you get used to things. Basically don't be an idiot.... don't expect your car to stop like it did and you'll be fine.

The car still stops just fine in all normal traffic conditions and I was able to stop mine on the strip without fade or downshifting.

Heck, come find me and we can go for a ride if you want to see what its like.

edit: just read you meant rear brakes only. Nevermind.

Thread Info