half of a Borla 14858

I have the front half of the stainless steel system which includes the mufflers new in the box (actually it was on the car for 2 days). This would be good for someone who already has this system for fresh spares or for someone who has the Borla stingers and would like to tame it down (I believe these would bolt right into the stinger system). Asking $150 or best offer.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
cdh027 said:
I have the front half of the stainless steel system which includes the mufflers new in the box (actually it was on the car for 2 days). This would be good for someone who already has this system for fresh spares or for someone who has the Borla stingers and would like to tame it down (I believe these would bolt right into the stinger system). Asking $150 or best offer.

why was it on the car only two days? What did you get instead?

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Stangfreak91 said:
why was it on the car only two days? What did you get instead?

The rear half of it got damaged in shipping and it was a long drawn out ordeal with Borla. Long story short, I still have the mint front sections. I have a magnaflow exhaust now, but truth be told the sound of the Borla was way better. I would have gotten new rear sections on the car if my experiance with Borla was a good one.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
Trust me! I think borla as a company SUCKS!!! There product is second to none! I bought the stinger system last June,teo days after it was on the car the Chrome peeled off the tip, It took me 7 months and 20 phone calls to get my new tips! I talked to David Borla himself! And it was still took awhile.

So i got used stinger tips in my garage!

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Stangfreak91 said:
Trust me! I think borla as a company SUCKS!!! There product is second to none! I bought the stinger system last June,teo days after it was on the car the Chrome peeled off the tip, It took me 7 months and 20 phone calls to get my new tips! I talked to David Borla himself! And it was still took awhile.

So i got used stinger tips in my garage!

I'm assuming you have the stock H-pipe? If you ever change it out for a free flowing one and still use the stingers, you'll be wanting my 14858 front pieces (trust me). :biggthump

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
I'm totally thrilled with the Borla Stinger system, I'd buy it all over again! I am running the stock H, was thinking about going to bassani catted x- pipe or Mac pro chamber catted.

I'd never get rid of the stingers! Me I love the drone that I get at 2000 rpms car sounds tough.

cdh027

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Mar 10, 2004
Sunny Florida
Stangfreak91 said:
I'm totally thrilled with the Borla Stinger system, I'd buy it all over again! I am running the stock H, was thinking about going to bassani catted x- pipe or Mac pro chamber catted.

I'd never get rid of the stingers! Me I love the drone that I get at 2000 rpms car sounds tough.

If you never want to get rid of the stingers, then never get rid of the stock H-pipe. Once you swap out the stock H to anything aftermarket, the stingers will be brutal.

Stangfreak91

TCG Elite Member
Dec 5, 2004
cdh027 said:
If you never want to get rid of the stingers, then never get rid of the stock H-pipe. Once you swap out the stock H to anything aftermarket, the stingers will be brutal.

yeah thats what Chicagomike says. I love the sound and tone now. I did hear a video clip of the stingers with the bassani catted x and it soundes pretty tough, just real hard to gauge volume from a video clip. My neighbor can hear the car everytime I start it now, so I'm sure they would just love the xpipe! I like to hear the prochamber and Bassani first before I made a movem but like I said I'm very happy with it right now.

How's you car doing?

smith876

Displaced Chicagoan
Mar 29, 2004
KC, MO
Thank you again Darrin, look forward to getting these in a few days!

If anyone ever chooses to use the search functionality.....proof from Borla that it's a direct swap for stinger owners.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 06:24 PM
To: XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Subject: RE: Borla Website - Owner Question

Thank you for contacting BORLA PERFORMANCE. The tail pipes for both systems are the same so they will fit either front section. If you have additional questions ....

Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 7:52 AM
To: SALES
Subject: Borla Website - Owner Question

I have an ’03 Mustang cobra, and have had a stinger cat-back (140052) for a few years. I’ve looking to replace it with the front section of the 14858 system. Question being, will the front section of the 14858 bolt directly to the rear of the 140052?
Thank you for your help!

Thread Info

• cdh027
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list