Metco Driveshaft Safety Loop

This is from a PM I sent to a former member that wanted my Loop. She is no longer on this web site, and it is time for me to sell it to someone else. Asking $50.00 shipped for METCO Driveshaft Safety Loop. I also have several photo's below in link.

-Vince

Mystic Terminator said:
Took the loop off today. I took some pictures of it on the car and off. It is the Metco Loop which I heard was the best @ the time I bought it. Not sure about what is out there now.

I found it didn't fit and match the floorpan as well as I would have liked. I trial fitted it extensively and came to the conclusion I had to bend the flange(s) on one or both sides and cut one corner. I also mounted it on a slight angle. Doing all this, it fit perfect. It was very time consuming because I was a little anal about it at the time.

The best and easiest way to mount it is w/ 2 people. I did it alone but it took longer.

1. car on 4 jackstands
2. remove driveshaft @ diff and tie it up (good place to do it right next to diff)
3. slip loop on
4. remove seats
5. pop shifter bezel up
6. remove bolts for center console (4)
7. drill very small pilot holes carefully from the bottom (1/8" or less)
8. prop carpet up and check pilot holes, verify you will not drill into factory wiring harness
9. drill larger holes from bottom
10. bolt + flat washer down through floorpan
11. Driveshaft loop, lockwasher then locknut on bottom.
12. torque to 50 lb/ft or tight

You should have no problems w/ wiring harness since we both have 04 verts, we should be the same. If you mount it on the slight angle I did you will see the cut corner match up w/ a rib on the floorpan. Driveshaft Loop has to be within 6" of universal joint to be legal. I had it centered real good and right after the universal joint. By cutting the corner and bending the tabs slightly it fit perfect.

Pictures

Thread Info

• Mystic Terminator
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list