2002 2.6L KB'd GT vert has to go...

My transer to Europe is now locked and the car has to go. I have way too much invested in the car and I know that I am not going to get my money back but my loss is someone elses gain.

I am looking to get $19.800 for it. I am very firm on the price. I have the title and it is clear.

I am going to list it in Autotrader etc. but I want to see if someone on these boards would be interested in it before I do so.

The car is garaged but can be taken out if someone is serious about buying it.

The majority of the mods were made by Speed Inc and it has been tuned by Bob Kurgan. The Kenne Bell is run at the lowest possible boost for the 2.6L (16psi) but is capable of alot more. It dynoed at 530/505.

I will not part the car out.

2002 Minreal grey convertible mustang GT
Tan interior w. black top
~35000 original miles
~2000 miles on VT shortblock
~500 miles on KB blower @ 16 psi (530/505)

Engine:
VT engines sportsman shortblock with 8:1 compression, fresh stock heads
VT engines stage 2 blower cams
Kenne Bell 2.6L SC w. 8 rib conversion. 7.5 Lower/3.5 Upper (16# boost)
Motron 60# injectors
SCT-2400 MAF
LFP Intercooler reservoir
LFP Dual pass heat exchanger
Reichard racing AC delete & manual belt tensioner

Fuel:
Terminator tank
Aviator pumps w. BAP
Modded FPDM

Exhaust:
BBK LT's
BBK off road H-pipe
Borla 14858 catback

Drivetrain:
Centerforce DFX clutch (+new flywheel when VT engine was installed)
Steeda Triax short throw shifter
SLP Linelock

Suspension:
Maximum motorsports full length subframe connectors
Tokico HP series struts & shocks
Tokico HP series lowering springs (~1.5")

Interior:
Autometer Lunar series instrument cluster
Autometer Lunar series Boost & fuel pressure gauges
DVD touchscreen w. rockford fosgate amps, subs & component speakers (mach 460 deleted)

Exterior:
Cervinis Cobra R-95 hood (unpainted)
Mach 1 chin spoiler
Mach 1 grill delete
SS bumper inserts
HID headlights
Bullit wheels 17x8 245/45/17 stock tires (front)
Bullit wheels 17x8 275/45/17 Nittor DR (rear)

02mingreyconv

Regular
Jan 31, 2005
SLASH said:
even though you busted me out by telling me and everyone else that i was "way too high" for my 2.2 when i posted it here, i wont tell anyone that that is way too much for a built 02 gt with 35k on it.

btw enjoy europe! :usa:

Slash.. I never busted you on the 2.2.... it was your gps.... and I am sorry for it. I should have kept my nose where it belongs.

slackerme

Regular
Jan 16, 2006
Alright this is what I was thinking.

We will figure somethin out were I will give you X amount of money and we can trade K Members with the motors bolted to them or just motors blower to oil pan. Switch Srpings, Brakes, and Struts and then you can sell your car less the money we trade for and we both leave ahead. You sell the car for basically 20 g and I have a sick ass motor for X amount.

02mingreyconv

Regular
Jan 31, 2005
slackerme said:
Alright this is what I was thinking.

We will figure somethin out were I will give you X amount of money and we can trade K Members with the motors bolted to them or just motors blower to oil pan. Switch Srpings, Brakes, and Struts and then you can sell your car less the money we trade for and we both leave ahead. You sell the car for basically 20 g and I have a sick ass motor for X amount.

Well, it could be done.... but we are talking a bunch of $$ here. Probably in the range of $7k to do it...

rocket5979

Gearhead
Nov 15, 2005
Round Lake, IL
If for some odd reason you do not sell your car by springtime and aren't out of the country yet then I will be up for buying it from you. As for right now, it just isn't the perfect time to buy a car for me yet. What I mention is a pretty big "what if" but just letting you know that I am interested!

I can see it now! Swap the KB 2.6 to the Explorer and the KB 2.2 from the X onto the GT... Yeah! Two KB powered nitrous injected built monsters! :biggthump :headbang:

Thread Info