1987 5.0 GTvert FS

1987 gt Vert from Georgia.

Have sinced changed my mind about converting this to 01 cobra spec with my 01 cobra donor I have.You may have seen my posts about doing this swap last month.

I just picked up another ROLLER (95 Cobra) from Wisconsin last weekend and have decided to now shoe horn this 01 cobra stuff into that and let the GT roller go for bone cheap for a southern GA car. I have spent more money on rollers in the last two months I could have bought a nice car :mad: already set up for the strip.

It ran around the block fine but didnt have plates, Insurance ect.. So I didnt drive it except around the block. It moved just fine but the tranny shifter was a bit sloppy (maybe linkage) or whatever but I didnt care cuz I wanted it for a project. All gears worked including reverse. THis car is complete as far as I know minus a few bolts here and there.

Owner also said it has a new clutch. It felt tight IMO too!!! I ripped it up in fist pretty good to see if it was healthy. Ran strong!

Now I started to take this thing apart here and there for two weekends prior to my new idea with the 95. But now I will let this thing go to anyone who wants a nice solid 99% rust free Georgia Vert. I payed 2700.00 for it and trailered it back here to IL and that cost me 350 in gas to do it also. I just want it gone cuz I dont have the extra space this winter.

I was planning on a FULL ground up restro. Gutting everything including the dash.

I started by taking the seats out and the carpet ect... Tossed the carpet but still have seats. Pulled the front clip. Pulled the rad ect... Yaked the alt water pump ect... Was just about to pull the motor before I found the 95 cobra. Also it had a bad side window so I went and got another one but have yet to put it in. I also put in new white face gauges so The dash is still apart a bit.

Things that I toosed that it will need if you plan on just putting it back together... Carpet, cat back and misc screws and bolts that I tossed.

Top looked alomost new and was told it was just installed 4 months prior to me buying this car.

I am selling this as a roller cuz I am not going to slap it back toghether just to sell it. Take it as is and consider it a project. Do what you will with it :biggthump

If you want to come over and look at it just PM me and I will get back with you. Its at my girl friends apartment now cuz I dont have any room at my shop or my garage for 3 cobras and this GT. I have taken over her garges as well with all my BS.

The car was priced right @ 2700.00 IMO because of the real shitty paint job, bad drivers seat and misc crap that a 1987 GT will look like when kids owned it. If I just sanded it down as is and painted it I think i could have snagged 5G easy IMO.Thats not what I was going to do though.

I was told the engine was yanked and painted and now has around 63K on it.

Looks like a engine pull cuz the block is painted blue and not just rattled canned wih over spray. Speaking of rattle canning... It looks like the engine bay was done that way cuz it black over white and flaking off. I was going to sand blast the entire car so it didnt matter to me. Some real ugly painting was done on the intake though.

I will help with the loading of this or may deliver for a fee. I put a door I had laying around on the drivers side cuz the white one had a small dent under the handle but not bad at all. I just had this dent free door and wanted to try and stay as BONDO free as I could.

I am willing to take the hit and let this thing go for dirt cheap.Only surface rusting on the front floor boards. No holes! Rear quarters look great.

I am wiling to take loss here now so dont be afraid to make a offer below what 2700.00 I dont care I just want it gone. I have way to much in my garage at home and my shop and now I am clogging my chics garage as well. I am starting to feel bad for doing that :mad:

I thought I would give you guys the 1st dibs on it before I dump it on egay and the auto trader ect....

BTW.. I also slapped on brand new front head lights that I had laying around also. The others were shot and fogged and leaking / holding water. Oh yea it has LX tail lights too :D

I have a free and clear GA tilte signed but not dated per my request!!!I never singed it so its free to do with what you wish as well :biggthump

My loss you gain.

112_1281_edited.jpg

112_1285.jpg

Thread Info

• 99 Stangbanger
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list