99-04' GT/Mach Magnaflow Catback, MINT...

Sellin' my Magnaflow catback. Now that I no longer have my LT's Im changing my exhaust setup. This catback is in pristine condition, looks brand new. When I take it off the car I'll make sure to clean it up for the buyer. The tips are 3.5 inches with Magnaflow inscribed into the edges.

This is the traditional catback, with the Mufflers not the Packs. The entire system is stainless steel and comes with all hardware for install. I love the way this setup sounded with my LT's and shorty O/R H, if I still had the headers I would not be selling this!

Will fit 99-04 Mustangs (GT, Mach 1, Bullitt) - (Solid Axles)...

Catback retails at $496.65 and with various coupons you can get them down to around $396.65. Mine has been on the car the last couple months, car was stored over winter so it never seen snow.

Will let it go for $300 OBO...

magnaflow.jpg

504fl.jpg

-=SVT=-

Gold Member
Apr 20, 2006
vryslow01gt said:
Im looking for a catback...I heard that magnaflow is kinda quiet thats why I was looking at MAC. Is it really that quiet?

I just heard a GT with MAC and it didnt sound good tome...imo. I just put bassani on my GT and it sounds awsome. The reson I went with it is cause I got a good deal. Other then that I was going to get Magnaflow.

Blinkstang

Addict
Jul 11, 2005
Hey,

Sorry to get back to you guys so late. The Magnaflow catback sounds best paired with an O/R Midpipe. It is a quieter catback that helps deepen and tone down your sound.

I use to have LT's, O/R H, and Magnapacks (their other catback without the mufflers), and it was terrible! It would make this high pitched machine gun noise at 3k RPM's and up. I could not stand it so I sold that catback and bought the Magnaflow. It sounded soooo much with this catback. It was nice and deep throughout the entire RPM band, I loved it.

Now the Packs did sound good on the setup I had to first begin with. LT's, O/R Prochamber, Packs. That was another sweet sounding system when paired together.

Everyone has their own opinion of what they like to hear. I myself like a nice DEEP tone, with no high pitched rattle. I like LOUD but I like it to be deep, not just loud and annoying.

So it all really depends on what midpipe you are going to pair this catback with. What do you guys who are interested have? I see that LBSVT93 mentioned he has a catted H. You also said your exhaust was almost as quiet as stock, and with that setup I would agree 100%. Like I said with the Magnaflow catback you need an O/R Midpipe for it to give you the sound you are looking for, a catted midpipe paired with a chambered catback - is not going to be very loud. If you want a louder setup LBSVT93, I would switch to the Packs!

As for sound clips, right now I have the catback paired with a stock H and stock manifolds. So I dont really have anything for anyone to hear. I got my LT's removed because of some work that needs to get done to my car. So I am looking to try a new exhaust setup and want to order a new midpipe and catback.

Now I do have soundclips of my previous two setups. You can check them out in this video. The first setup is with my MAC LT's, MAC O/R Prochamber, and Packs. The second setup is BBK LT's, BBK O/R H, and Packs. I do not have a video on my computer of my most recent setup (BBK LT's, BBK O/R H, and the Magnaflow Catback) - but I do have some footage on disk that I can transfer to my computer if you guys are interested in what that sounds like.

VIDEO - Right Click, Save Link As (Its straight off my website)...

Let me know if you guys have any other questions and I will make sure to get right back to you!

Thanks,

-Edgar

:headbang:

Blood on Blood

rumble baby rumble
Apr 6, 2005
I had the MagnaFlows on my 03 Cobra and now have them on my Mach 1 w/ UPR x pipe. Sounds good. Loud enough to hear you coming down the street, yet quiet enough in the car to hold a conversation.

Don't be afraid to lower the price on the catback you are selling as CompleteExhaust.com is always running specials (each of mine were new for $350 - $375).

Dave

Blinkstang

Addict
Jul 11, 2005
vryslow01gt said:
Well I've got a magnaflow x pipe with 2 cats thats why i was gonna go with mac I already got borla mufflers and that is too quiet lol. I LIKE IT LOUD!

Haha, I totally understand. Since you have a catted midpipe you should try out a straight-thru catback and not something that is chambered such as the MAC catback or the Magnaflow one which I am offering. You should look at a set of MagnaPacks or some SLP LM's - Id go with the II's. Goodluck in your search, this next setup will be my fifth, haha - so I know how it feels to go after the sound you are looking for!

Blinkstang

Addict
Jul 11, 2005
Blood on Blood said:
I had the MagnaFlows on my 03 Cobra and now have them on my Mach 1 w/ UPR x pipe. Sounds good. Loud enough to hear you coming down the street, yet quiet enough in the car to hold a conversation.

Don't be afraid to lower the price on the catback you are selling as CompleteExhaust.com is always running specials (each of mine were new for $350 - $375).

Dave

Yeah that is exactly how this setup sounded when I had my LT's and O/R H. If I was just cruising along it was nice and quiet and didnt bother me and passengers in the car. But when I got on it - it screamed bloody murder! I had one guy following me in a Prelude and he came up to me at the red light. He pulled next to me and asked me what kind of exhaust i had, haha. He said when I was just cruising along he thought I was stock, but when he got up on my bumper and I took off - it sounded mean! Thats what I liked about this setup.

And yeah, I posted that you can find these for a good deal elsewhere. But I have only had this on the car a few months and it is MINT. I sold my last catback, Magnapacks, on Ebay for $340. So I thought I would try on the local forums first and start low at $300 to see if anyone was interested. If not I'll just try my luck on Ebay again. Im also open to offers if anyone wants to shoot me a PM! But for an almost new stainless steel catback this is the lowest your gonna find it.

Thanks...

Thread Info